Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't buy the flip 3z

(Topic created on: 11-05-2022 10:24 PM)
Cajohns61
Pioneer
Options

There is a dose in the manufacturing of this phone.  The middle cracks at the fold.  My phone is still under warranty,  I bought it in Sept 2021. They told me it would cost nothing to fix it.  I sent it to them,  they called and told me I dropped the phone and broke it,  such a lie I have not once dropped the phone.  Said it will cost me 400.00 dollars to fix.  I'm fighting with them now,  ready to start a class action suit.  

5 REPLIES 5
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options
Good luck with your class action lawsuit! Be less stress and cheaper just to pay Samsung's repair bill? Personally you're better off selling the phone for parts because any new screen you have fitted will likely fail in a few months time anyway (going by the complaints on here).

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Are Samsung saying their is cosmetic damage which leads to them saying you've dropped the phone @Cajohns61  ?

Did you take time and dated photos of the phone to prove it's aesthetic condition before sending the phone away to show support that the phone has no cosmetic damage  ?

Having a phone fail in anyway is frustrating and highly inconvenient as we all have our life's on these devices and use them daily so I appreciate youbwant this resolving as amicably as possible.

I have read posts where people have experienced issues with the phone due to the screen failing at the crease bur what we dont see here to balance these posts is the people who have experienced similar issues to which Samsung have carried out the repair under warranty.

It's the authorised engineer that makes the call on inspecting the phone so it maybe an option to contact Samsung and ask for a 2nd opinion and to escalate this to a higher support departmental team to see if they'll help.

If all else fails you could look at any relevant insurance you may have i.e home contents or sometimes bank accounts give cover as a perk of the account.

If the work is carried out by an authorised engineer then that work is guaranteed by Samsung and to be honest no-one can then really say it'll fail again. 🙄

One of my phone's failed which meant it had a pink line down the display and Samsung replaced the display and then the phone was fine for the rest of the time I owned it.

I wish you all the best.  :smiling-face: 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Cajohns61
Pioneer
Options
  • I have escalated it, they continue to say it was my fault.  One person I talked to in customer care has told me it is not my fault and that it is covered under warranty.  But that ended up with me calling her back and the number being out of service.  I do not have any other insurance.  I really wish I would have thought about taking pictures of my phone before I sent it in.  
0 Likes
Cajohns61
Pioneer
Options

Actually it won't cost me a cent for a class action suit,  and no I'm not giving samsung another penny of my money,  thanks anyway

0 Likes
Phone repair center
First Poster
Options

I agree don't buy this phone, samsung have been extremely shady with this. I've lost massive trust in the company from how I have seen them handling this situation here in Australia.

I've have 5 sepearte work colleagues who have the same exact story as OP happen to them and their partners. Samsung will not honor a repair of a never damaged never dropped perfect condition devices that failed within months. They will blame you for it cracking in the middle with invisible damage to the hinge. I've even witnessed it happen to a friend twice.

I've been in the same room as my colleague disputed and esculated the issue only to have a case manager be so rude to her that he brought her to tears. I had to jump in to tell this man to chill out. This man then had the audacity to get extremely upset that his phone call wasn't private and was on loud speaker in the office. They told her when she bought the phone general use failures of the screen would be fixed but this was a lie. They built trust in a risky product then did not honor it.

The man even said "I'm wiling to bet the damage got worse over time yes?, see thats beacuse you damaged the phone making it gradually get worse over time" 

She replied "no, that the crease was visible within a month of use but didn't get worse then suddenly after months when opening there was a cracking noise then the top half touch feature was non functional.  To which the case manager replied "oh it happened suddenly? thats beacause you damaged it."

disgusting support to a stressfull confidence betrayal. 

I'm so lucky I got rid of my partners Zflip phone before this happened.  It had its own issues though. The selfie camera went blury beacuse of marks on the screen over the selfie camera location, because the plastic is soft. Plus the battery life was unusable. Sold this trash item for 50% off and I consider that a huge win to cut my losses like that.

Basically, don't buy this phone. Don't trust Samsung. 

Sorry to all those getting screwed over and miss treated by this issue. Good luck.

0 Likes