Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do not trust Samsung with your defective Fold 3.

(Topic created on: 13-04-2023 04:41 PM)
AdamBigge
Apprentice
Options

I want to share a precautionary tale for those of you that are experiencing the dreaded screen cracks on your Z Fold 3 device. My z-fold 3 was within warranty. It actually had about a week left whenever the screen started showing signs of failing right along the fold. When I removed the screen protector I found that the damage was actually in the surface of the screen right at the fold. It was presenting in the forms of small cracks and bubbles in the surface. I contacted Samsung about this and was told that I must send it in to have it repaired under warranty. I was very reluctant to do this since I knew once I gave up possession of the device I would have no control over the situation.  Well.... I should have trusted my instincts.

I sent my still functional device in to Samsung. Other than the bubbles forming in the fold of the screen, it was still functioning just fine. But I was worried that the screen was going to fail due to the damage presenting on the surface. After Samsung took possession of my device they claimed that the display was actually no longer functioning and had "internal damage". I know this is a lie. I was using the device right up until I powered it down after a factory reset in order to send it to them. I also have multiple people who viewed the device because I was showing them the damage. So I have plenty of people that can testify as to the functionality of the device before Samsung took possession. They have now disassembled my device and rendered it inoperable and refuse to repair it unless I pay them $386. For the last several days I have been arguing with customer service, the repair center, and now returns and exchanges. All of them tell me they are very sorry. And all of them refuse to investigate the shady behavior of the repair center. They have taken my device and are now holding it hostage until I pay money to have it repaired. Even though they are the ones that broke it. This is shameful behavior. I guess my next option is to start emailing the The corporate officers whose contact information I have obtained. Perhaps if I start making them uncomfortable I can get something done. I'm not really interested in any of the moderators of this forum asking me further details about this unless they have the full intention of remedying this problem. I don't need any more apologies. I need somebody to step up and admit that Samsung was wrong.

5 REPLIES 5
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
Take them to the small claims Court. They shouldn't get away with it.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

That's not good at all @AdamBigge  😒 

If I ever have to send any phone away I always take time and date stamped photo's of the phone to show it's aesthetic condition, with several of the phone turned On, and any of the water indicator usually found just inside the sim card slot.

This is precautionary to show how the phone was while in my possession. 

Having " people "  i.e friends , family , work colleagues or acquaintances being able to substantiate the condition of the phone is great however it's their verbal word which does not create substantial proof in my personal opinion. 

I would always try to use a Samsung Service Centre that I can walk into but I do appreciate that's nkt always possible due to location.

In the UK Samsung also provide a Doorstep Repair Service in certain regions.

I would think the Forum Team would have to refer you back to the Service Centre Teams as they are unable to overrule them.

Perseverence with the Team you've been engaging with is my advice.

The factory fitted screen protector on my Fold³ delaminated so I removed it and haven't experienced these cracks you've encountered,  however i will keep an eye on the phone.

In the UK we have a Consumer-rights-act-2015 which is set up to protect both the buyer and merchant. 

Perhaps check to see if you have some similar set up.

I've not come across Samsung holding onto the device.

If an owner rejects the price for repair then they should send the phone back unrepaired. 

I appreciate these phone's are expensive and as importantly become part of our everyday life's.

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Ahmedtaher
Journeyman
Options

Thats very common with samsung everywhere. Bottom line stay away from foldable devices..they know about the issue but they made their case to avoid any excessive repairs that they should have been accountable for..these devices are definitely not there yet..had the same with the zfold3 and ended up by throwing it away ..it is worthless..many emails , discussions ..uselsss customer followup just to comply with their process to call ..knowing that u will get nowhere it  is not worth it..best is to warn others who would ever think of getting similar devices and never think of a folable again..

ZFLOP3
Apprentice
Options
Never buy foldable again, and for me never Samsung again because if their stance on repair (won't replace protector unless I fork out over £300 to replace actual screen because of a couple of dead pixels that don't actually bother me). Unacceptable.
Ahmedtaher
Journeyman
Options

Yeah am advising everyone against any samsung foldable device..the thing that they are well aware this is a design issue but would get around repairing it..thats terrible