Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DEX not picking up my Samsung M7 monitor

(Topic created on: 07-09-2022 11:02 PM)
Pudsy
Journeyman
Options
I used DEX on my M7 monitor once with the new Z fold 4, now I can't get it to work at all, won't even pick up the monitor while searching for devices. I've tried everything from reseting the network to unplugging the monitor for a while but still no joy. Anyone have any ideas ???
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
Are you trying to connect via smart view?

I had the same problem with my M5 monitor when trying to coast my windows 11 laptop and also tried via smart view with my S21. The only way I could get it to work was to select 'connection guide' under the source menu and then select the type of device you want to connect. I could then see the monitor in the list when searching to devices to connect to.
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

I usually only get the issue with HDMI or USB laptops, my Tab S8 Ultra, Fold3 all worked first time everytime.

What USB C are you using, all the supplied Samsung ones did not work for me, after many cables I ended up with a Spigen to power and display.

Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]