Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Defective screen. Told I have to pay for repair

(Topic created on: 01-02-2022 01:01 PM)
Wimple1983
Journeyman
Options

I spoke with Samsung today regarding the damage that has appeared on my handset in the folding section of my Z Flip 3

I have been advised by an online advisor that even though i've only had my handset for 4 months, that the damage to my screen is my fault and i'll have to pay for the repair. I explained that according to the warranty, defective materials are covered - which this so very clearly is. Only to be told that Samsung will arrange repair at a cost to me. 

I don't want this phone anymore. I can see that this is only going to get worse. The service from Samsung is utterly despicable. If I don't receive an alternative I will be going to trading standards

This could be what sends me to iPhone. Utterly disgusted with this response from Samsung

cracks.jpegCapture.JPG

Capture.JPG

16 REPLIES 16
Tezz
Voyager
Options
That's a known fault. Do a Google search.
0 Likes
Wimple1983
Journeyman
Options
Yeah I have seen lots of faults but not any resolutions. Looks like Samsung are washing their hands
Tezz
Voyager
Options
Samsung are *****.
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Is the screen still working?
Could be just an issue with the screen protector.
If you have a Samsung Experience Store near to you. It maybe worth popping in and getting them to look at it.
Did you buy the phone from Samsung direct?
If not it might be worth a try going through whoever supplied you with the phone.
On this Members App. You have a Get Help section.
Further down you have the customer support number
Have you tried going through that number to the customer support.
Hope it gets sorted for you
0 Likes
Wimple1983
Journeyman
Options
I don't have a screen protector on.. I purchased via Samsung thinking the support would be vetter than o2 but I'm very much mistaken.
I have made a formal complaint to Samsung. Let's see what happens I suppose

I called customer support and just get passed from pillar to post the whole experience has been shocking
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Oh you took the screen protector off that screen?
Might be why they are not wanting to cover the screen issue.
Should do still I thought, unless there's something specific in the Terms and conditions
0 Likes
Wimple1983
Journeyman
Options
They said because its damaged and unless I have samsung+. I explained that just damaged due to the defective screen but they're passing the blame on to me. It's not a coincidence that the marks are in the fold
Wimple1983
Journeyman
Options

I have explained all of this and am being repeatedly told that its not covered under warranty and the best they can do is repair the screen at a cost to me. Absolutely disgusted

0 Likes
nicoleta83
Journeyman
Options

Hola,  perdón,me puede decir con quien hablar, el móvil.lo compramos con el banco, apenas tiene 6 meses y ya se daño la pantalla, samsung dice que no cubre la garantía. 

Será que el banco con el cual tenemos un seguro lo solucionaran?

Gracias 

0 Likes