Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dark line appears in Samsung Z fold

(Topic created on: 22-05-2022 12:11 AM)
Tricia2009
Apprentice
Options
I just opened my new Samsung Z fold3  that is less than 3 months old and a black line is running down the centre!!! It did not fall, bump, nothing!!! No impact. I treat this phone carefully!! Delicately like a new born baby! This is obviously some kind of factory fault! I want my money back!! I saw some others post about this issue as well!! Total madness. 
22 REPLIES 22
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
This sounds like a screen issue.
Can you get a photo using another phone to show the line?
If they are dead pixels in the screen, then you will need to contact customer support and arrange a repair
At 3 months old it should be covered by the warranty, but if you have Samsung Care, then you should cover all bases.
At 3 months you will be out of your returns period.
Replacement screens shouldn't be too much of an issue.
If you have a Samsung Experience Store near you, one that does technical help, they maybe able to sort you out. They will be able to do various screen tests to determine if the screen will need replacing
Tricia2009
Apprentice
Options
Thanks for your reply. There is a black line down the middle and the right side is unresponsive to any touch. As I said I just discovered several people complaining of this online and on this Samsung community board! I got the phone on contract through my mobile provider, they do not insure the phone for replacement only repairs. At this point based on what my research on this has shown me in the past 4 hours since this happened to the phone,I do not want this device again. There is obviously some Manufacturers fault here..
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Definitely a screen replacement needed then.
Best is if you contact your retailer if you no longer want the phone.
Samsung would only deal with the warranty side of things.
But I suspect getting your money back will not be an available option.
If you really don't want the phone, them do the screen replacement and sell it by third party means.
Unfortunate you have not had the experience you wanted.
I know my Z Fold 3 is still OK and I still enjoy it.
Had it since launch
It's a great phone and maybe worth another try for you.
Z fold
First Poster
Options

I have had the same problem 

Center black line and right side not responding 

What's the purpose of buying such an expensive phone when samsung isn't taking any responsibility

THEMENTALIST999
First Poster
Options

i have the same problem i am z fold owner and i have a black line in the middle after 5 months used. i dont know what may i do, i dont know if galaxy fold 4 have the same issue, i need answers from samsung, i think that the shop where i bought this phone will give another one, but i think in few months i will be in the same situation, samsung what can we do? i am so happy with this phone, but i dont want to see the line in the middle of the phone. helpppp!!!!

Zafirah
First Poster
Options

I have had the same issue. Blackline down the centre of the phone and the right side is irresponsive.  I had removed the screen protector because it was coming off and have been told my the technicians that my warranty is void due to it's removal. It will now cost me $740 just to fix the screen!!!!

This phone is not worth the $$$ at all. Very disappointed 

Tgunn99
Student
Options

I opened my Z Fold 3 phone today and saw a black line down the middle of the fold.  Never dropped it or has it been in water.  What gives with this phone.  I was loving it but not if it's gonna stop working because of a black line.  Can't access any of my apps in the folded sections, screen is shaking when I go in.  This is unacceptable for a $1800 phone!

Davybluenose
Apprentice
Options
I have a galaxy Fold 3 approx 4 months old. There is a small pin light showing through dark colours its so annoying is this a bad pixel?
USAMA143
Student
Options

image.jpg

FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE I MOVED FROM APPLE TO SAMSUNG BECAUSE ARE FOLD THING WAS NEW IT WORKED PERFECTLY BUT SUDDENLY 1 DAY THERE WAS BLACK LINE ON THE CURVED SCREEN I VISITED THE SAMSUNG STORE THEY SAID MOBILE OUT OF WARRANTY ONLY 10 DAYS ABOVE THE WARRANTY PEROID. FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE I REGRETTED THE DECISION TO BUY SAMSUNG INSTEAD OF IPHONE.