Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crease screen

(Topic created on: 06-09-2022 07:37 PM)
Capali76
Journeyman
Options

Hi everyone, My phone has started to crease at he middle where the phone foldable. I sent it to Samsung service and after 1.5 week one of the approved Samsung engineer said: we would like to inform you that your device will not be covered by the manufacturer’s warranty and therefore will be a chargeable repair. 

They want to charge me for £309 repair fee. This is crazy!

The phone has cover since new and never dropped it off. 6 months old phone and crease on the middle. Very ANGRY and DISAPPOINTED about customer service and SAMSUNG I am sure Samsung won't admit this factory issue because it would be a suicide. I am going to left Samsung after 15 years. 
17 REPLIES 17
Mark29359
Helping Hand
Options
There are many reports of this happening on the flip and the fold phones, including mine. I have not sent mine for repair as I can't afford to be lied to about damage, so I have removed the protector and will not buy another flip or fold phone ever. I might not even stay with Samsung as they won't admit its a build fault.
Capali76
Journeyman
Options
I am agree they won't admit this fault.
Customer service just said our approved Samsung engineer has investigated and this is my fault.
Yash92
Pioneer
Options

Is that the Zflip 3 or 4 ?  How long was it before that happened ?

0 Likes
Capali76
Journeyman
Options
Z flip 3 and 6 months old
0 Likes
keith30
Maestro
Options
The reason why I would never buy the foldable and stick with the normal range available. Just a big rip off as Samsung won't learn from past experiences and admit they mistakes cos they know people will continue to buy them.
Yash92
Pioneer
Options

Did they tell you it's the actually screen or if it's the protector ? Apparently just some pocket dust can cause it to break like that, worst case scenario did you get the 1 year free samsung care+ because they shouldn't charge you more than £99 for a repair, which is still gross seeing as you shouldn't need to pay anything.

0 Likes
Capali76
Journeyman
Options
They said impact damage but it always covered and never dropped or do any damage on it.
There are some scratches /which caused the car phone holder/on the edge where folding.The cover can not cover it.I never thought the aluminium frame is painted.
Poor condition.

Screenshot_20220906-195723_Gmail_43925_1662490643.jpg
Members_Yi0XafI
First Poster
Options

This happened to me with the fold 3 + to my brother's and a friend of mine .if you go on Facebook Samsung you will a lot more about these folds and flips . I got a full refund and my brother's and friend got fix free of charge so don't let Samsung fob you of 

StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
So what your saying is they have lied on there report? Your damage seems to be the full length of the crease, I'd have thought it would be progressive rather than from one end to the other.

I have a fold 4 and I'm interested in these reports, I'm also keeping a close eye on the crease.
0 Likes