Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cracked screen

(Topic created on: 14-11-2022 10:27 AM)
Chrissy17
Apprentice
Options

Hello, I am posting this to complain with all the other Flip Z owners who have experienced the fold on their phones cracking. I have had my Flip for 17 months (still under warranty) and was advised by the Glasgow Samsung Shop to send it off for repair using TMT First, Samsungs Authorised Repair Partner. I was told by the shop in Glasgow that there was a fault in these phones and that I should be able to have it repaired under the warranty. My phone has now been away for over two weeks, and after trying on nummerous occassions  to speak with TMT First I have now finally recieved a quote saying that this was due to physical damage. My phone is in GREAT condition and I can honestly say my phone was fine one minute and the next minute when I opened it there was a bubble in the middle of the screen, which I thought was on the screen protector, so yes I removed that to find the bubble on the actual Glass. this spread on down to the fold and then increased along the fold. I have now got a quote for £435 with a 'new' battery included. I have been on the phone to Samsung complaining and I am waiting on a response. I have now read all these other posts also with the same cracked screen appearing, this is outrageous that Samsung are doing nothing about these phones and the 'fault' that is obvious. These phones were £1200 and to have this happening is unfair. Do Samsung even read and reply to these messages????

Can SAMSUNG show some respect here and reply?

Chrissy
#Z Flip 5G 
@Samsung

6 REPLIES 6
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
To be honest I've not seen any posts regarding cracked screens just posts about the flip 3 screen protector lifting which there has been a few. I've also noted some replies to said posts stating if you remove the screen protector you void the warranty which would explain the cost of the repair.

I have a flip 4 so do keep an eye on what issues arise with all flip variants.
0 Likes
Chrissy17
Apprentice
Options

Hey @StuartR 
If you type in cracked screen on flips z you will see loads of posts. Also removing the screen protector should not be an issue, regarding why I removed mine was that I thought the actual screen protector had bubbled, removing the protector is a way for Samsung to get out of the Warranty, it's disgraceful how they have not replied to anyone, in my opinion.

0 Likes
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
Totally agree regarding the screen protector as i never use them so naturally you'd think it was ok to remove it.

Flip phone screen issues appear to be a very grey area which is why I try to read the complaints.

Good luck getting it sorted.
0 Likes
Mark1408712
First Poster
Options

Hi I have the same problem, I've had the Samsung Z fold since December and in the last few weeks its developed a hairline crack down the middle of the fold. EE have said its customer Abuse! and i need to pay £360 to have it repaired, this is a complete sham. They said if the crack was not there when it was delivered its my fault. I cannot believe the stance they are taking and im sure similar issues are developing with many customers around the world, essentially the fold screen technology cannot last 200,000 folds. I've complained to EE as thier support was awful but may have to engage some legal help . If you are thinking of buying the phone.....dont! or at least wait 12 months until Samsung can correct the problems in their manufacturing process. 

0 Likes
Juicygesbab
Navigator
Options
Not seen anything on cracked screens🤣🤣🤣🤣. StuartR you are a moderator not a customer.
0 Likes
Chrissy17
Apprentice
Options

Hi all, just an update on my Flip phone issue. After weeks on waiting on a reply and many phone calls to Samsung, I got a call from TMT First saying there was a crack on my screen and they sent me and Samsung a picture of the crack, I informed them that said crack was NOT on my phone and i had taken a picture of my phone before I sent it off for repair. Samsung got me to take a video of me showing them the time and date when the picture was taken, I have never head anything back from Samsung that was September 17th.
All this caused me so much frustration and stress that I ended up getting TMT just to post me back my phone, which was now wiped from all data and I chose not to get it repaired. AFter being made out a liat and a cheat, I thought it best just to make closure. I have now got a Google Pixel Phone and I will NEVER give SAMSUNG another penny!!! 
ABSOLUTE DISGRACE OF A COMPANY!

0 Likes