Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cracked Screen on Samsung Z Flip

(Topic created on: 01-06-2021 11:06 AM)
P2daAULo
Journeyman
Options
I woke up after leaving my Z flip on wireless charge over night, opened the phone to see the screen had cracked down the fold. So unhappy 😥...seen from YouTube that this has happened to so many other people....I feel so ripped off for this expensive phone 😓  Of course it occurred after 15 months ...Samsung screen repair offer valid only for the first 12 months...and I'm left paying for a phone for another 9 more months (£100 a month) with my network provider....gutted this side 😭  Will never try new tech from Samsung again. 
35 REPLIES 35
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Unfortunate, is it still under warranty? Samsung should repair it for free really anyway as a gesture of goodwill for being an early adopter of this tech but I wouldn't hold out on that
P2daAULo
Journeyman
Options
Warranty only for a year. £475 to repair the screen....£500 for a new device. I just bought another one.
0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Flabbergasted! That's ridiculous 😒
0 Likes
SamWilliams
Pioneer
Options
Couldn't of you just got phone insurance and then make a claim in a few weeks?
0 Likes
P2daAULo
Journeyman
Options
Those are the options yes, but after looking at YouTube and seeing so many other people experiencing the unexplained crack down the fold of the phone I wanted to make this post to explain how frustrating it is that a folding phone will eventually crack down the fold.
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
I would have expected it to split after some years usage but not just one
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
That is called insurance fraud
P2daAULo
Journeyman
Options
Look at it20210601_165741_13841.jpg
0 Likes
P2daAULo
Journeyman
Options
Although, I should say that from making this post I have been contacted by Samsung customer solutions and they want to collect my device tomorrow and investigate the cause... so some kinda good news.