Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cracked screen Fold Z3 after opening the phone this morning!

(Topic created on: 07-02-2022 01:00 PM)
Duarte79
Student
Options

Cracked screen after opening phone this morning !Cracked screen after opening phone this morning !

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
RuthlessAfro24
Voyager
Options
If your Fold is still under warranty take it back to Samsung for a replacement
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

That looks to be the factory fitted plastic tpu screen protector that can be peeled away and then the Fold³ used without a screen protector, or can be replaced by a Samsung Service Centre or by you if you purchase one.

Options are also available via Whitestone Dome and other 3rd party accessories companies @Duarte79 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Duarte79
Student
Options

It's definitely cracked. The screen is not working at all. I opened the phone and I just heard the screen cracking. Almost $3000 phone.

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

If that's the situation then please seek support from Samsung.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
SereneH
Options

Hey, @Duarte79! We'd recommend contacting the Samsung Support Team in your region: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/

They'll be able to help you with your Fold3. 

giphy.gif
0 Likes
planetmike
Explorer
Options

This is a manufacturing defect and these phones should be recalled. Similar issue is occurring with the Z-Flip along its hinge. Here is a photo of my Z-Flip. As you can see there are two small cracks, about 4mm each. My guess is these will migrate and expand across the hinge with time. Speaking with Samsung Support and their affiliated local shops in the States, these screens are color specific (since they replace the back shell when replacing the front screen) and the black ones are on back-order. Generally speaking, the customer service is awful. Rather than a one-stop-shop concept where Samsung would coordinate the entire repair for you, here they want you to call each shop individually. This can only enrage their customers further!!!....

20220307_072942.jpg

Maurits2307
First Poster
Options

the service team will charge you for teh repair after finding a reason to blame you for it.

0 Likes
Maurits2307
First Poster
Options

correct. To make it worse, Samsung will blame you for it and charge you for the repair. There are legal cases open and a class action suit in the US.
I am about to initiate a legal action here in Switzerland

0 Likes