Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cracked screen along fold

(Topic created on: 04-12-2022 11:27 AM)
ColinSneddon
Journeyman
Options

Had my Z fold 3 or 13 months it has now developed the black line up the fold and right hand side is not operable. Assuming the screen has cracked along the fold hinge.

I sent the phone to EE as it's covered by unlimited warranty. They have refused to fix as they say it's a damaged screen and not covered.

Should I make an appointment with Samsung Experience or am I just wasting my time ? My assumption is they'll also blame me for damaging the screen.

For the record I did not damage the screen it just cracked when I opened it and that was that.

Anyone considering paying for a foldable phone I would suggest you don't. You were warned.

0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19
Dave1967
Explorer
Options
Just had a conversation that proved very interesting, for a manufacturer to void warranty they are legally obliged to prove that any modifications or damage materially resulted in the equipment failure. I returned my phone under warranty, they never provided any proof of why they believe its not covered, I'm thinking no win no fee solicitor's at this point. It could become the new ppi for the future. The banks didn't think that law applied to them either...
0 Likes
Tulsi
First Poster
Options
What has been your outcome. My fold1 which I bought back in Dec 2019 is in immaculate condition however there is a crack that has developed along the fold. Not sure what to do now.
I think your right as mobiles are looking to move towards folding up so yeh PPI could well be something of the future claim.
0 Likes
FOLD 3 SCREEN CRACK
Apprentice
Options

HELLO FRIENDS, MY FOLD 3 UNEXPECTEDLY A BLACK LINE OCCURRED IN THE MIDDLE  OF THE SCREEN AND THEN IT STARTED TO SPREAD THROUGHOUT OUT THE SCREEN. AND NOW ITS TOTALLY BLACK AND NONUSABLE.  MY PHONE IS STILL UNDER WARRANTY. WHEN CONTACTED THE SERVICE CENTRE WITHOUT ANY FURTHER REASONING THEY BLINDLY DENIED IT, THE REASON BEING USAGE PROBLEM. WHICH IS TOTALLY A NUISANCE. WHEN ASKED BY THE SERVICE CENTRE TO POINT OUT PHYSICAL DAMAGE, THEY CANT FIND ANY. AND MORE OVER UNOFFICIALLY THE SERVICE GUY TOLD ME, A LOT OF CUSTOMERS WHO BOUGHT THIS FOLD 3 ARE FACING THE SAME PROBLEM, SO SAMSUNG HAS TAKEN  A DECISION TO BLINDLY DENY ANY  FREE WARRANTY SIGHTING ANY REASON, AND CHARGE FOR REPAIRS. SO GUYS KINDLY ASK YOUR FRIENDS OR ANYONE NOT TO GO FOR THIS FAULTY NEW FOLD TECHNOLOGY OF SAMSUNG. FOR SURE THEY WILL SUFFER.

trevorrg22
Journeyman
Options

I was considering claiming 'mis-selling' against Samsung because there was NOWHERE in the online info about Z Flip 4 that the screen protector would need replacing frequently (mine has cracked after only 8 months) and that they only cover it for ONE replacement during the entire 2 year warranty.   I bought my phone based on the '200,000 fold lifetime'  which I figured was several years. Now I've found how easily the screen protector comes off I've just removed it and ordered some from Amazon

0 Likes
Dave1967
Explorer
Options
I still love Sansung products, but now having experienced a Fold 2 and now seeing similar problems with my Fold 4, they're not suitable for my use. I'll be moving back to an S23 ultra soon.
0 Likes
Dave1967
Explorer
Options
My outcome is Samsung will find any excuse not to cover the screen under warranty. I'm just never buying another one.
0 Likes
Dave1967
Explorer
Options
Anyone want to buy a Fold 2 and a Fold 4 both with cracking in the middle of the screen ?
0 Likes
trevorrg22
Journeyman
Options

with my Z Flip 4 it was only the screen protector which had cracked along the fold line. I removed it and bought a replacement screen protector off Amazon,  looks fine now.

0 Likes
Dave1967
Explorer
Options
The Flip phones are wonderful, the fold with its bigger size is more susceptible to damage it seems. I'm still using my ultra 23 and loving it.
0 Likes
kocmohabt
First Poster
Options
Soo folks .. like proud samsung customer have same issue with my fold 3 , flip 4 unfortunately. Currently using fold 5 (really love it) and asking myself how long hinge gonna survive before crack it again...
0 Likes