Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could I trade my z flip3 in for s22 ultra

(Topic created on: 18-08-2022 11:12 AM)
olliehubb60
Explorer
Options
I've had my flip 3 for 6-7 months and it's just broke it has a glass underneath the protector is cracked and can't use top half so I was wondering could I trade it in for s22 ultra (its on contract so idk how this trading stuff works)
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
B12UMMY
Voyager
Options
You can't trade any device that has an outstanding finance on it as far as I'm aware.
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
If you are part of the Samsung upgrade program. Then no
You can only upgrade to the new version of that model. Unless it's no longer available then Samsung will contact you with an alternative. Like they did with the Galaxy Note range.
If its under some other contract, then likely you would need to pay that off first.
Another thing is, I think the screen would need to be working anyway and in reasonable condition.
0 Likes
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
First check with your service provider. Some make you keep the device for 6 months or so then you can sell it or upgrade it but you have to continue to pay your contract until the end. I bought an S20+ under contract got it unlocked after 6months after which I could do what I wanted with it. I traded it in for my S22 with Samsung even though my actual sim contract is still running and the sim is in my new phone. Only problem you'll have is the value of a networked locked and broken phone as it will be way below the trade in value. It may be worth just buying the replacement phone you want and get what you can on ebay etc for your old phone which may get more to go towards the cost. Look for voucher codes or special offers that can knock money of the new phone. Don't make the mistake of signing a new contract as you still have to pay your old one too which can be very expensive to buy yourself out. Hope this helps
0 Likes