Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Contact Details for Dispute of Warranty

(Topic created on: 24-11-2022 07:06 PM)
DeeplyDisappointed
Apprentice
Options

Hi there,

Is there a way I can dispute or request a review of a warranty decision regarding a new Galaxy Z Flip4 # and it's broken hinge. I'm being quoted a repair cost for a phone which is a little over 5 weeks old, whilst now using a Galaxy S7. I dispute that the Flip is fit for normal use, and shouldn't bear the cost of a failed experiment.

0 Likes
22 REPLIES 22
DeeplyDisappointed
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for all your help Samsung. I can now see why your customer service experience is so good. Ten hours in and not even an ackowledgment. Appreciated. In other words, we'll ignore the extremely big pile of broken phones out the back, we've got our cash. There's corporate responsibility for you.

0 Likes
(1)
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options
It's well known that Samsung deny the majority of warranty repair claims on the flip and fold screens. The odds on you getting your warranty reinstated are slim to zero.

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
PaulM1
Options

Hi, @DeeplyDisappointed. I do apologise that we hadn't gotten to your post yet, and I can absolutely assure you that we do care about the issue that you have raised.

As Moderators, we read all posts on the Community and, given the nature of your enquiry, I highly recommend that you continue liaising with the Service Centre to explain your perspective about your Z Flip4 repair quote.

Alternatively, you may wish to reach out to our Support Teams here:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/

While we cannot overturn a decision made by one of our engineers, our Support Teams will be in a good position to look into this further for you.

If you would prefer to discuss this matter on the phone, I highly recommend calling the Product Support Team on 0333 000 0333 (open from Monday to Sunday from 8am until 10pm).

DeeplyDisappointed
Apprentice
Options

Hey, you're probably right, and I've already accepted it as the resolution, but  it may have changed how I felt of Samsung dependent on there response.

I'm salty about it. I think I'm allowed that.  End of the day it's a luxury item. I expect a luxury experience. But if I pay it will change the way that i choose the next product I purchase, based on that customer service alone. I look around me now and see all the Samsung products around me in my home. Some older than my children, and still used by them. But if this is the customer experience, that may stop me from the next innovative samsung product. And if someone asks for an opinion on what the flip is like on the forum, I'll give them a response based on my experience. If that stops them from purchasing, well then, I've potentially saved them the same experience, and then they tell their friends well, the more the merrier. My loss may only cost them a handful of sales. That's fine. It's not going to harm them in the general scheme of things, but every product I potentially purchase from Samsung will leave that doubt in my mind, what if something goes wrong. 

DeeplyDisappointed
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for replying, it's appreciated.

In your response you mention liasing with my service centre, and that is where the initial problem lay. Irish customer. I sent my phone off for review/repair. I received a reply with a decision stating waranty void, and a grainy image of a dent on a corner which is on the outer edge of the phone, yet the hinge was the issue. Voided based on a dent on an opposite corner, no physical, obeservable damage on the external surface on the hinge.

Phone was in a case since day one. The service centre gives me the option to pay the repair cost Yes/No. No ability for discourse on decision. (No Reply Email). Put your credit card details in thats all they want.

I expected to feel valued, I didn't buy a phone, I bought a brand.

However, and this is where the fault lies with me. I should have taken my own photo's prior to posting, to ensure I at least had evidence of the phones condition from my point of view. I realise this is where my argument falls down, as it's a case of them versus me, and I'm the rube.

If the decision cannot be overturned, what good is the support team then. Will someone come and give me a rub on my back and say "There,there you can afford it." 

Caveat Emptor

0 Likes
(1)
Solution
PaulM1
Options

You're very welcome, @DeeplyDisappointed. I do appreciate where you are coming from and, since you've mentioned that you live in Ireland, I'd recommend having a look at the contact details for our Support Teams on the region-specific link below:

https://www.samsung.com/ie/support/contact/

The Support Team (irrespective of which one you choose) will look into the points you've raised and will assess which options are available for you - for instance, if you require another inspection, the team will help you arrange this.

I certainly recommend reaching out to one of our Support Teams. Just so that you have more context about the engineer's decision, however, I'd also recommend having a read through the warranty terms:

https://www.samsung.com/ie/support/warranty/

Please update the thread and let us know how you get on.

0 Likes
DeeplyDisappointed
Apprentice
Options

Hey, thanks for the advice, I took it and discussed the case with service centre and the additional information, evidence and concerns were taken and the brand reputation is restored for me. 

Appreciated.

Classactionlawsuit
Apprentice
Options

I'm in the exact same boat, the most minor cosmetic wear on the 2 month old phone, a broken hinge and 'Warranty void' result from the repair center in Dublin, with three tiny cosmetic marks on the shell and nothing on the hinge. See below

IMG-20230215-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20230215-WA0002.jpg

The chap in the center said that they're sick of dealing with brand new Samsung Flip 4 phones and stated that it's a manufacturer defect. He expects that phone will be withdrawn from sale by Samsung.

In the meantime here's my repair bill:

IMG-20230215-WA0003.jpg

I guess that it'll be a trip to the small claims court. 

Classactionlawsuit
Apprentice
Options

What is Samsung's CRO (company registration number) for operations in Ireland? There are several listed, probably for laundering tax through Ireland, but which one specifically handles the sales of consumer electronics, is it 908025 (SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS (UK) LIMITED)?

0 Likes