Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cleaning The Z Fold3

(Topic created on: 02-09-2021 03:00 PM)
GMcD
Explorer
Options
What can you use to clean the Fold3? The screen is a magnet for fingerprints!  Can you use alcohol wipes etc? The front screen is obviously more robust so I assume you can use any screen cleaner on that? Any advice on what can be used on the big main screen? 
0 Likes

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AntS
Options

Hi @GMcD , Official guidance is to wipe it smoothly with a clean and soft cloth.

(The device has Anti-Fingerprint and Invisible coating to help easily remove debris and fingerprints.)

View solution in context

Solution
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @GMcD  Customers can use a disinfectant  ((containing 50-80ppm)  or an alcohol based solution (containing more than 70% ethanol or isopropyl alcohol)     However it is important to stress that these must be applied to a microfibre cloth and not directly to the device.

See more details here:  https://www.samsung.com/Cleaning Devices 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

View solution in context

6 REPLIES 6
Solution
AntS
Options

Hi @GMcD , Official guidance is to wipe it smoothly with a clean and soft cloth.

(The device has Anti-Fingerprint and Invisible coating to help easily remove debris and fingerprints.)

GMcD
Explorer
Options
Thanks for the info. So no types of liquid type cleaners can be used? How do you sanitise the screen? Rubbing it with a cloth only doesn't kill germs etc?
0 Likes
Solution
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @GMcD  Customers can use a disinfectant  ((containing 50-80ppm)  or an alcohol based solution (containing more than 70% ethanol or isopropyl alcohol)     However it is important to stress that these must be applied to a microfibre cloth and not directly to the device.

See more details here:  https://www.samsung.com/Cleaning Devices 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

GMcD
Explorer
Options
Many thanks for that!
Daz73r
Helping Hand
Options
Get a skin from dband will also get a bit of grip 😆
0 Likes
jthoule
First Poster
Options

"Caution: These cleaning instructions are recommended for the glass, ceramic, and metal surfaces of your phone only. Accessories that are made of plastic, rubber, or leather may be damaged"

I don't think alcohol should be use on the main plastic display. 

0 Likes