Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charging

(Topic created on: 04-09-2022 02:54 PM)
Drapes
Apprentice
Options
Should I charge my Z4 flip from 0% to 100% or is that unhealthy?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Best not to let it run down to 0
They reckon keeping the battery between 20 to 85% is best
But personally I charge mine mostly from about 30% to 95% to full. But I slow charge and my batteries seem to last for ages
Drapes
Apprentice
Options
Is it worth keeping that 85% charge feature on?
0 Likes
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
I never let my phone drain down to 0% if I can help it, it speeds up the degradation of the battery.

I try to let my phone go no less than 20%.

Between 30% and 70% is regarded to give maximum battery life expectancy. Find something around those percentages that works for you.

It's also not healthy for batteries to be left on charge overnight although almost everyone will do this including me.
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Well that depends on if that will last you the day or not.
Other thing I try to do is not do extra charges during the day.
Less times I charge the phone the better for me
Neo001
Legend
Options

The extremes - < 15% and > 80% put a lot of strain on the battery during charging. Best to avoid the phone to go to 0%. Each charge from 0 to 100 counts as one charge cycle and the battery support a set no. Of charge cycles after which it starts degrading.

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

With regards to charging overnight there is a built in mechanism to prevent overcharging, overheating is more of a concern so wireless charging at that time may be a better option.   Some advice in this article https://www.pocket-lint.com/phones/news/132587-is-it-safe-to-charge-my-phone-overnight-top-tips-to-e... 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

zimma71
Voyager
Options
Makes no difference .. once it updates it will be flat in a few hours , theres about 1 week each month that the phone lasts a day ... my advice take your charger after all and every update . Or get stranded in middle of no where cold hungry and no phone ...
7 times ive been stranded at night . Terrible phones for women tbh .
0 Likes