Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't see the oneui 6 update for fold 5 in my Samsung members app

(Topic created on: 29-10-2023 11:55 AM)
Indranilsomu
Student
Options
Guys .. I still don't see the oneui 6 update in my Samsung members app. Reading that lot of folks are seeing it already ! Can u pls suggest how to enable that ?
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
It's only available currently as a Beta software.
Beta is only available for unlocked devices. So any supplied by a network provider won't be eligible to participate.
So if you don't see the invitation in Members home screen banner or the invitation in the notice section
Then it's likely your phone cannot participate
Rumours are that general release is not too far away now
jen71
Pioneer
Options
I always experienced that any beta program messes with my device
0 Likes
Indranilsomu
Student
Options
Thanks ...thats a bit weird though !
0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

@Indranilsomu 

Not really weird. Samsung have on their international devices, always issued beta only to the non-carrier branded models. The reason for this is if they had to adapt each release with every carriers bloatware and then submit to the carrier for certification. The process would take a lot longer. Instead of around 7-10 days between releases we could be looking at 21-28 days and with no extra benefit to Samsung. Also, I am given to understand that as we are now on Beta 4 for the Fold5, that enrollment in the Beta programme closed some weeks ago.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
0 Likes