Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling all faulty Samsung Z Flip/Fold owners - CLASS ACTION NEEDED

(Topic created on: 14-05-2023 07:50 AM)
Alvie_Huit
Apprentice
Options

Enough is enough. 

Despite what Samsung says in response to user complaints, the crease/crack along the fold of our Flips and Fold phones ARE a common problem irrespective of whether occuring within the 1st year of ownership or shortly thereafter.

Let's call it what it really is: A component defect. 

It's very disappointing, irresponsible and dodgy of Samsung to deem the issue as 'user damage' to evade accountability and foist hefty repair costs upon the user.

How many of you flip/fold owners have worn the burdensome frustration and inconvenience of having your phone fixed in the early days of ownership? How many of you have felt you've had no choice but to pay for Samsung for the repair, or, write off the cost of your phone entirely and buy a new more reliable phone to replace it??

The crease/crack in my phone appeared out of the blue through absolutely no fault of my own. I know I am not the only one.  Laying the blame at my feet is utter rubbish.

At the very least, a smart phone should endure 3 years of good use.  Not 2 weeks, 6 months or 1.5 years.

Even if Samsung says that the phone was broken because of ‘user damage’, one must look at the structural integrity of the phone itself and question how it could so easily be damaged by users so early on in the phone’s life.

For those of you out of pocket for a repair and/or the cost of an unusable phone plus a new one, let's band together and launch a worldwide class action lawsuit against Samsung for this issue and get our money back.

Who's with me?

I know they've been other community members who've complained or mentioning class actions elsewhere within the community (I among them) so i think it's time. 

Enough really is enough. 

Please respond here and to any other post regarding class actions on this website and elsewhere to further this cause. 

157 REPLIES 157
Ai7
Journeyman
Options

This is how to make your customers forever hate your company 101.

Jtplayte
First Poster
Options

Last night I got the dreaded crack down the fold, 16 months in. When purchased got the extra warranty but didn't activate and now can't even fix it. So my first premium/flagship device is a bust after 16 months. Time to go to OnePlus. Way to go Samsung!  Clearly a flaw on the part of Samsung. Brutal.

RJ258
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I just found this and am wondering if this class action is going forward, my Zfold 4 karked it last year (2023) and I'm being treated like an *****, the thing was only 14 months old when it cracked the middle screen and just stopped working and this was from normal daily use. If this action to taking place please let me know at virgoron54@yahoo.com.au, I'd be delighted to join it, thanks Ron Johns

Johnipatton
First Poster
Options

we need action! I'm in! 

bob2022asd
First Poster
Options
Funny enough it seems everyone effected have got the phorlne in and around the same time.
0 Likes
GlBart
First Poster
Options

My Samsung Galaxy Z Fold4 has developed a broken pixel and has a line from the broken pixel all the way to the right of the screen. In addition I've put three new screen protectors on the folding screen since the 1st one failed in late December 2023 (2-15-24 today). All three failed within a few days. The plastic banding that holds the screen in place is broken in several places and there're cracks starting at the top and bottom of the fold. Called the Samsung authorized repair shop, they quoted me $459.00 + tax for a replacement screen. Totally ridiculous and disgusting. Keeping an eye for a class action lawsuit. 

Faulty flip
First Poster
Options

I agree! I paid for my phone up front and it was replaced once. Then they stated it appears I dropped the device even though I purchased the case it came with that was supposed to be so durable. Then they said the insurance experired. So I have a phone I paid over $1000 for less than 6 months is not working. Is there a class action lawsuit? I also turn in my Samsung 22 for the scrappy phone. I ask them to return it and give me my cash back. Nope! 

kpk703
First Poster
Options

This is a big stain on Samsung. I have had this with my Flip 5 - delamination at the hinge joint, starting with a large black line across center of screen that spreads across screen. Samsung says user damage, but phone was inspected by 3 organizations, Carrier, Authorized Service Center and UPS. All said the phone was flawless. It's a design defect with the hinge (at least in my case) not user damage. Samsung wants me to spend $400 to fix after just 6 months of ownership. I suspect dust gets into hinge and the little brushes they put in there don't stop it. This is a phone that goes in people's pockets...Duh. Dust will happen. They should give everyone with a Flip or Fold a 2 year Samsung Care+ policy with the phone until they resolve the problem. Count me in.

Sudha devi
First Poster
Options

I am also having trouble with my z fold 3 phone.i put on charging and when I opened my phone it has black line on its inside screen. And it's spreading on the screen now.very frustrated by the phone.

C03
Explorer
Options

The worst part is how Samsung does NOT take responsibility for these failed screens. Please consider taking legal action against Samsung.

0 Likes