cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth issues on Flip 4 since update F721BXXU1BVK3

(Topic created on: 06-12-2022 08:03 PM)
Explorer
Options
Yesterday, Dec 4, my flip 4 updated to the latest firmware as above.
Since then I've had Bluetooth issues with a couple of devices which had been working fine up until the update. 

I can no longer connect to my Fitbit and to my Foreo device. Those devices still connect fine to another phone (good old Note 8). 
I've tried un-pairing and re-pairing the Fitbit, and although the Flip4 and Charge 5 can "see" each other, I never get the pairing code on the Fitbit or the pairing request on the phone. I've tried all the usual things - turning Bluetooth off/on, restarting devices, uninstalling/reinstalling apps, etc to no avail. The fact that I am also unable to connect to the Foreo while everything works with another phone points at a possible problem with yesterday's software update. 

Connection between the Flip 4 and various Bluetooth speakers is, however, still working fine and I am able to pair these without any issues. 

20 REPLIES 20
ducat
First Poster
Options
Same issue here with a Flip 3 - Bluetooth worked fine for my Fitbit before the update, as soon as updated couldn't sync. Tried uninstalling & pairing as new device - exactly the same as above: doesn't send the pairing code to the fitbit. Definitely the result if yhe update. Any advice please?
0 Likes
SereneH
Options

@151501 Has the software for you Bluetooth devices been updated to work with the software on your phone? 

giphy.gif
0 Likes
Explorer
Options
As it happens, there was a software update for the Fitbit Charge 5 on Sunday too but that has not made any difference.
There has been no update for the Foreo Bear.
These devices were connecting just fine to the Flip 4 before the Samsung update, they still connect fine to a Note 8 and to an Amazon Fire tablet

Audio devices still connect fine to the flip 4 via Bluetooth post-update. For reference I've tried : Samsung buds pro and pro 2, Amazon Echo dot, Sonos one, Sonos roam and Tribit.
I haven't tried the connection to the car audio since the update but will do so later today.
0 Likes
SereneH
Options

@151501 Have you reset your Bluetooth devices? 

giphy.gif
0 Likes
Seashell16
First Poster
Options
Same problem, can't connect to Samsung Flip 4 so annoying! Tried everything, not sure what to do next!? It's gotta be something to do with the phone update as was fine right up to 2am, fitbit not synced since then.
0 Likes
Seashell16
First Poster
Options
How do I check this please?
0 Likes
Explorer
Options
Yes, I did all the usual troubleshooting on Sunday and nothing has worked so far.

And before you suggest it, no, I have not factory reset the phone. I am not prepared to do so unless it is proven to be 100% the only fix - too time consuming otherwise. You'll have to find someone else willing to try that!

Clearly the update broke something, so that needs fixing at Samsung's end
0 Likes
Explorer
Options
The Bluetooth audio connection to my car is also still working fine. So it seems that non-audio Bluetooth connections may be handled differently.

Looking around, it seems to be a problem caused by Android 13. So we're going to have to wait for Google/Samsung/Fitbit/Foreo (and whichever other device manufacturers are affected) to come up with a fix. I can see this taking a while... Samsung, Fitbit and Foreo etc are going to say "it's Google's fault they broke Bluetooth" and Google is going to say "Android 13 does Bluetooth differently, make your stuff work with it"

Luckily I can use another non-android 13 device to keep syncing my Fitbit but not everyone affected might be in the same position
0 Likes
txteva
Apprentice
Options

Which firmware version are you on for the Fitbit? 

Same issues here I've got a Z Flip 3 5G which can no longer connect to my Fitbit Charge 5 since the update. My Mum also has the same non-working setup, my Dad has an S20 which was updated to Android 13 and his Charge 5 is connecting fine (he can also connect to my Fitbit, but I can't connect to his). 

I've reached out to Samsung who don't seem to be acknowledging the issue and Fitbit are just offering replacement devices which won't fix the bluetooth issue.

I've factory reset my Fitbit and Reset network settings on my Flip but neither have helped.

Samsung Z Flip3 5G // Fitbit Charge 5 (not working since Android 13 update)
0 Likes