Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black screen when opening my phone

(Topic created on: 15-08-2022 11:53 AM)
Bobster81
Journeyman
Options
Hi for the last week or so I'm having trouble with my Samsung z flip 3, when I open the flip the screen goes black and won't come on unless I push the side button couple of times or have to close it and open it again can anyone help or is there anyone else having this problem can samsung fix this issues? 
51 REPLIES 51
Shelley123
Voyager
Options
I'm having the exact same problem, was working perfectly fine then I did the latest update and this problem started, now my z flip 3 won't even power on without the charger connected, I'm booked in with samsung store tomorrow to have it looked at, will keep you updated how I get on.
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Try wiping the cache partition of the phone and that may resolve the issue. To do this, just search, 'how to wipe cache partition Galaxy Z Flip 3' and you should find what you are looking for 😃. Hope this helps! 🙂
Bobster81
Journeyman
Options
Yeah same here mines been fine and has only started doing that since last software update, and oh have ya let me know the out come please. Thanks
Bobster81
Journeyman
Options
Thanks I try that 👍
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
No problem, let me know how it goes! 😊
Shelley123
Voyager
Options
I've tried all the usual steps to sort it out, started in safe mode, wiped cache, factory reset, hopefully I will get answers tomorrow then let you know, only had it for 8 months barely used as my main phone is a s22 ultra
Shelley123
Voyager
Options
Not sure what the problem is yet, took it in was told to leave it with them, they said if they find its been dropped had a repair elsewhere or took apart it would void warranty and I would have to pay £25 just to get it back, its in pristine condition cosmetically, never been dropped, so fingers crossed it gets fixed under warranty, will let you know the outcome when they contact me.
0 Likes
Bobster81
Journeyman
Options
I've tried this but still hasn't fixed the problem.
0 Likes
Bobster81
Journeyman
Options
OK thanks for letting me know and yes please let me know the out come I m8ght have to get m9ne looked at.