Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bizarre Trade-in issue

(Topic created on: 01-06-2022 11:14 AM)
hughsie27
Navigator
Options

Had a look at the Z Fold 3 on Samsung website and seen you can trade in a device up to £570. The S22 lineup isn't available to trade in however and when speaking to Live Chat I was informed that they wouldn't accept those devices as they are the latest phone out.

Seems a strange decision. Does this mean when the Fold 4 is released I'll likely not be able to trade in my S22 Ultra for that either?

5 REPLIES 5
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Yes most likely. The Fold was supposed to replace the Note so the trade-in would be previous Note or Fold devices. Whether the S22 Ultra is included in that it comes with the S Pen remains to be seen. I highly doubt it though
hughsie27
Navigator
Options

If so that's extremely disappointing. I don't see why they can't even offer a price for the S22 range. It doesn't need to be the highest value trade in. 

MrJCharming
Helping Hand
Options
I think it's based more on what's available, at present there's nothing available above an s22, once the fold 4 comes out the fold will go above the s22, sooo you should be able to recycle your s22 to get a fold 4
AndrewL
Options

@hughsie27: I'm sorry to hear of your disappointment surrounding this matter. It has always been the case that the latest flagship mobile device will not be made available as a trade in option, presumably due to its current market value, and it is likely that this will be the case until the next Galaxy S Series device is launched. 

hughsie27
Navigator
Options
Thanks for this response AndrewL I appreciate that Samsung may be reluctant to offer £600+ for a trade in but I just don't understand why they wouldn't even offer a matched price to the S21. It's literally preventing me from giving them more money!
I'd have been better not upgrading to the S22 from S21 and trading in my S21 in August.
0 Likes