Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery life Z fold3

(Topic created on: 03-11-2021 10:22 PM)
ukjamie
Pioneer
Options

Hello all,

Is there any way of buying a Fold3 that has a larger capacity internal battery?

I am due to upgrade my Note 10+ in about a month, there is no Note released this year and the S series doesn't really offer me much more than what I already have, however I simply refuse to buy a phone that has nearly 3 times as much screen at twice the refresh rate and has the same size battery as the phone I currently have (possibly one of the worst design decisions Samsung has ever made).

I am thinking I will simply have to hold on to my Note 10+ for another year and hope there will be a Fold4 that has this major problem fixed? or get one of the foldables from Huawei etc, or go to the dark side and get an Iphone 13 pro max ultra plus or whatever as apparently it has ridiculously good battery life, although I have never had or wanted an Iphone.

Any advice appreciated

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Hi there
You could wait till the samsung S22 is released.
0 Likes
Easty
Big Cheese
Options
Defo wait for S22 Ultra ....
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus 5g
Samsung Tab S6 Lte 256gb
Samsung Galaxy Watch
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hello @ukjamie 

The Fold 3 comes with one battery capacity size and cannot be altered I'm afraid.

I appreciate what your saying about the capacity size of the Fold 3 battery , however I've found that the optimisation of the phone and SnapDragon soc handles the phones battery output / usage times pretty well in my own personal situation.

I've not had a day yet where I've had to re charge up my Fold 3 in the same day, however I appreciate we all use and set up our phones differently so as such battery stats and screen ontime is a  subjective topic. 

I was using the Samsung Note 20 Ultra and decided to pull the trigger and buy the Fold³ as Samsung UK give 28 days to try out a phone as a cooling off period.

My best guess is that Samsung may release a Samsung Galaxy S series and Samsung Note Line as a hybrid merged phone sometime in the near future !

I wish you well with your eventual decision  😎

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Knightshift76
Voyager
Options
Here's what my Z Fold 3 says after a 100% Charge.clipboard_image_1635865437719_1635865437719.jpg
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I'll add my screen shot when I've fully charged mine. 

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@ukjamie  @Knightshift76 

This is what my Fold³ says on 100%

Screenshot_20211103-050836_Device care.jpg

0 Likes
Shnookerdookies
Voyager
Options
No issue with the battery
Pretty sure samsung knows how to build a phone!!! Unlike Facebook phone experts 🙄
0 Likes