Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are there plans to update what widgets are available for the cover screen?

(Topic created on: 01-10-2022 01:42 AM)
Ghift
Apprentice
Options
I'd really like to be able to access the torch/flashlight while the phone is closed.

[Post updated due to new info]

The torch seems like a given as it's something you turn on and off as needs must and if I'm just heading to be I don't want to accidentally blast it at my partner while they're sleeping trying to turn it back off.
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
You can already access the camera with the phone locked by enabling it in the phone settings. Settjngs>Advanced features>Side key, then enable double press side key to launch camera.
I press and hold the side key, with the phone locked, then tell Bixby to turn flashlight on or off. It works every time. Providing you have a data connection.
Options
Was gonna say this

Double tap on button.

It's defaulted to opening camera.
If I helped or solved your problem, please like or tick solved.

Have been using phones since 1993, and am self taught.

I offer advice for free, cos I think it'll help, if it doesn't, explain why, I might learn something new too.

Current phone Galaxy S22 Ultra
Previous phones: most S series, Note 2, Samsung Alpha, iPhone 3gs, far too many Nokia's!
Options
To add

In camera settings, you can change it, so the volume button takes a picture.

Not sure how well you can take a pic with the cover still covering the screen.

Not had notebook style covers, so don't know.
If I helped or solved your problem, please like or tick solved.

Have been using phones since 1993, and am self taught.

I offer advice for free, cos I think it'll help, if it doesn't, explain why, I might learn something new too.

Current phone Galaxy S22 Ultra
Previous phones: most S series, Note 2, Samsung Alpha, iPhone 3gs, far too many Nokia's!
Ghift
Apprentice
Options
Thank you, I've managed to wrangle it!
0 Likes
Ghift
Apprentice
Options
Thank you, I've managed to wrangle it! The bixby option has the same issue (not waking sleeping spouse) but good to know its an option.