Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple to Samsung and all because of the z flip 3

(Topic created on: 27-10-2021 07:11 PM)
Mossemoi
Explorer
Options

Where to start.... Got both the flip 3 & smaller watch 4 classic.

Firstly saved my self £750 with Samsung trade ins, you can't scoff at that, in fact I couldn't believe it at first. 
First impressions:
Phone: overwhelmed, tactile, beautiful, compact 
Watch: underwhelmed, terrible battery life.

Upto date impressions :
Phone: if you can compromise with

the battery life and standard camera this phone is still a beauty to behold. Even found a CD car mount that holds the phone in a vertical position allowing me to use it in its folded capacity multi screen view, albeit a small screen for navigation but full access to my Ford fiesta MK7 dash. And only today just found out about reverse charging for watch. Was going to upgrade to iPhone mini 12 but screen size real estate put me off, I'm so glad I chose the flip z3.
Watch : starting to grow on me! Yep, battery life getting to a whole day now but, the caveat?.....No GPS or Always on display and now lasting throughout the day and a sleep.
I always thought Samsung copied Apple but I was wrong the flip is innovation for the masses. The watch? Nice to have a round face again but until there's a quantum leap in battery innovation or you want a brick on your wrist, I guess we live with it
9 REPLIES 9
rogersdave77
Troubleshooter
Options
Do you have you heart monitoring turned off? My watch lasts over 48 hours now heart monitoring and stress reading is turned off
Mossemoi
Explorer
Options
Ahhhh, no I don't but will try, thanks
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Thank you for your early insights on the Flip³ and the Watch⁴ @Mossemoi 

In regards to Battery stats your getting please take into account they are new batteries, and will still be optimising.

Both the Flip³ and Watch⁴ are awesome looking impressive devices.

Enjoy  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Mossemoi
Explorer
Options
Well, things not going well with the watch at all. Yesterday it just went into a boot reload loop and basically wouldn't turn on, tried all the technical answers, recharges recovery mode but same thing. So, it's being replaced. OK these things happen but 7-10 working, yes working days to get a replacement and told to be patient! Now if I was with that other company I could have taken it into the shop and got it sorted. So in comparison, customer services lagging behind, I'll have to wait and see
0 Likes
Mossemoi
Explorer
Options
The watch story goes from bad to worse! After initially opting for a refund I then realised I'd be wasting contract esim with a year left so after more emails it was agreed to replace. But, no, they have given me a refund instead! ( to my PayPal credit account) But, wait I said, I did an apple watch 6 trade in on the deal? Don't worry, you will get the market value for the watch. OK, I know I didn't help my situation by asking for the initial refund but please, please DO NOT REFUND THAT AMOUNT TO MY PAYPAL CREDIT ACCOUNT!!!
You'll have to wait another 24-48 hours Mr MOSS.
More to follow but as you can guess slightly disillusioned.
0 Likes
Mossemoi
Explorer
Options
The Phone.
Still and very much still totally enamoured by this piece of wondrous tech. Strangely though not seen another user yet. Friends gasp in delight at its factor, "but doesn't that fold bother you?" My reply has always been the same, "just use it for 5 minutes as you would with any other phone" And slowly the crease issue evaporates out of sight!
As an early adopter, in fact 7 days before initial launch I'm miffed about the watch offer people are now getting but, heh there's nothing free in this world!!
0 Likes
Mossemoi
Explorer
Options
Sorry, another gripe but this is about software.
Didn't realise how invested I was in Apple pay. Samsung pay and Google Pay aren't quite there yet, some cards can't be added, so, add Curve and that will solve all your problems. Er no, talk about confusing, no wonder you can "go back in time" you never know which card it's coming off!! Sorry, it ain't user friendly although no doubt I'll be told how to set a default card.
0 Likes
Mossemoi
Explorer
Options
Starting to get quite angry now, feel like I've been short changed. Got an email offering £140 for my traded in Apple watch 6, LTE & GPS, I've done my own research, minimum £175 going upto £235. The saga goes on.
My soiree with Samsung might not be all sweetness and light. The flip is a beauty to behold but there's a bitterness starting to ferment
0 Likes
Mossemoi
Explorer
Options
So still fighting for my "Market Value" refund for my apple watch 6 LTE so you would assume I've given up on samsung watches but no! God knows why but bought the galaxy watch 4 44mm LTE, pleasantly surprised in every way, thought the 44 would be too big for my wrist (chose it because of battery) but no, it's fine. It looks superb, better than the classic in my opinion. So I'm back, willing to give it another go but please Samsung give me my refund back, PLEASE20211027_191216_2224.jpg20211027_191232_2225.jpg
0 Likes