Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Galaxy Z3 Flip Cracked along fold

(Topic created on: 01-04-2022 03:42 PM)
Manners1305
Apprentice
Options

Well i had the same happen as most, i went to sleep and the phone was fine woke in the morning and opened it to hear the screen crack along the fold.

Samsung have denied that this is a manufacturers fault and imply that i have damaged the tiny rubber on the hinge of the phone although i believe this is caused by the cracking in the first place.

Samsung do not offer any support and their Warranty is as worthless as the phone. at first i was told the phone wasnt under warranty even though they offer a 2 year warranty and the phone hasnt even been out 2 years

They then told me there was an impact point on the screen and pointed to a piece of glass missing from the crack, then it was the little rubber. Honestly ive never heard such rubbish from such a large company, im currently going to pursue this through trading standards and solicitors as the phone is only 3 months old.

Personally i would now say i will never buy a samsung again, as a company they are a let down. maybe i should have been with Apple all this time because at least they offer help and support and uphold their warranty. im sorry for anyone who thinks their new phones may be worth a try because before you make any purchase from them i would take a good look at the reviews and faults they have with their products and how quick they are to blame the consumer instead of admitting a fault with hundreds of people complaining about the same thing.

For others in this same situation please visit www.samsungsflagshipfailure.co.uk as i will be using any information provided to help others get their money back from samsung during the court process. The website will be up in a few days

18 REPLIES 18
Members_vXyR26m
Apprentice
Options

This is bang on.  Just had it happen to me.  Absolute criminals.  Saying warranty is voided due to physical damage but they physical damage is due to a faulty phone.  Absolutely outrageous

0 Likes
Members_vXyR26m
Apprentice
Options

Exactly same thing has happened to me.  Are you still progressing it? I will be taking mine through the relevant courts/bodies as its simply criminal

0 Likes
Sg18
Apprentice
Options

I received my phone back and its still in the pristine condition it left me in. Samsung are a bunch of liars and thieves. I'm not only £99 out of pocket, I still have to pay for the piece of sh1t phone. Absolutely disgusting what this company has done. I'm a single mum, struggling on a crappy wage trying to survive. These tosspots only care about £££ NOT their Loyal customers. 

Members_sDOyegn
First Poster
Options

Same issue with screen. Tried to access your link but no joy. Is it up and running?

0 Likes
Az7854
Journeyman
Options

Yes

0 Likes
david 1
Apprentice
Options

WELL IF THEY DONT STAND UP AND CORRECT THEIR MISTAKE, THEN I THINK WE ALL SHOULD FILE A CLASS ACTION. MINE JUST DID IT TODAY, WENT FROM FROSTY CRACK TO BLACK CRACK AND GETTING BIGGER, I HAVENT CLOSED MY PHONE ALL DAY AND GOING IN TOMORROW. ITS STILL UNDER WARRANTY BUT THINK IT WILL HAPPEN AGAIN. MY WIFE HAS ONE AS WELL AND IM SURE IT WILL HAPPEN TO HERS. STEP UP SAMSUNG BACK UP YOUR OWN PRODUCTS. BE BETTER THEN APPLE. 

0 Likes
vinceyboy
First Poster
Options
Tried accessing your link but not opening. I have same problem with cracked screen along fold and told no warranty such ***** as its obviously a material fault and they quoted me £273 to repair which obviously I'm not going to pay. Where do we get professional advice on this?
MBryant
First Poster
Options
I've just had this issue. I open my Z3 Fold randomly and there this black crack getting worse by the day down the middle. Went to check and I'm literally A month or 2 outside the warranty, aswell as finding out they are charging £520 to fix it! Now I'm seeing this is a common issue in the same time frame, so looks like a case of planned obsolescence from Samsung, which is poor. If I can't get this sorted I will never buy a Samsung again
0 Likes
SomersetSAS
Student
Options
Mine is less than 2 years old. Cracked yesterday. I was using it open and the screen seemed a little despondent, lagging slightly so I thought I'd turn it off and on again but it was still behaving strangely so I shut it and heard a crack, presumed it was a bubble in the protector but nope. Weirdly one side of the screen works and the other doesn't!
0 Likes