Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Galaxy Z3 Flip Cracked along fold

(Topic created on: 25-04-2022 06:39 AM)
Manners1305
Apprentice
Options

Well i had the same happen as most, i went to sleep and the phone was fine woke in the morning and opened it to hear the screen crack along the fold.

Samsung have denied that this is a manufacturers fault and imply that i have damaged the tiny rubber on the hinge of the phone although i believe this is caused by the cracking in the first place.

Samsung do not offer any support and their Warranty is as worthless as the phone. at first i was told the phone wasnt under warranty even though they offer a 2 year warranty and the phone hasnt even been out 2 years

They then told me there was an impact point on the screen and pointed to a piece of glass missing from the crack, then it was the little rubber. Honestly ive never heard such rubbish from such a large company, im currently going to pursue this through trading standards and solicitors as the phone is only 3 months old.

Personally i would now say i will never buy a samsung again, as a company they are a let down. maybe i should have been with Apple all this time because at least they offer help and support and uphold their warranty. im sorry for anyone who thinks their new phones may be worth a try because before you make any purchase from them i would take a good look at the reviews and faults they have with their products and how quick they are to blame the consumer instead of admitting a fault with hundreds of people complaining about the same thing.

For others in this same situation please visit www.samsungsflagshipfailure.co.uk as i will be using any information provided to help others get their money back from samsung during the court process. The website will be up in a few days

18 REPLIES 18
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
Sorry your screen cracked !!! I've seen a couple of posts where people's screens have cracked in the morning- out of curiosity can I ask if your bedroom is cold at night or if phone been on overnight charging so it was warm / hot ? Just wonder if is something to do with temperature difference between different parts of the phone ( don't have any technical expertise - just something I wonder about )
Manners1305
Apprentice
Options

my house is an average of 21 degrees C, with it dropping to around 18 on a night time so i have my doubts its a temperature thing unless the phone is generating too much heat whilst charging

it was left plugged in over night, but surely this is normal for most people

Manners1305
Apprentice
Options

Notice how there are no chips to the frame or the black metal bracket the screen hooks under, so i can only assume they think I've pushed this bit in on purposeDavid 2.pngDavid.jpgOTH_20220326_093854[1] (2).jpgOTH_355001764955505.pngOTH_355001764955505B.png

papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
Thanks for replying - yeah you would think these temps shouldn't affect anything - was just curious - again thanks for your reply
Az7854
Journeyman
Options

DO NOT BUY SAMSUNG I ALWAYS HAD SAMSUNG PRODUCTS BECAUSE APPLE ARE REALLY POOR IN WHAT THEY GIVE FOR THEIR VALUE BUT SAMSUNG ARE WORSE THEY VOID YOUR WARRANTY WITH THIRD PARTY COMPANIES (tmt) I sent a perfectly fine zfold3 to be checked for it being slow but when tmt got the phone they said it had impact damage which was a lie and the same thing has happened to 100s of people stay clear of Samsung void warranty on purpose and send you a big bill

Az7854
Journeyman
Options

I had something similar they took my phone in damaged my phone and now want me to pay and Samsung have agreed to this third party (tmt) Samsung love no warranty they cash in on you we all need to take this forward mayb even to papers and expose Samsung 

Sg18
Apprentice
Options

OTH_354949610758351.jpg

OTH_354949610758351b.jpg

so apparently I dropped the phone caused the damage. I know I did not. Same issue as everyone else. I'm having to pay for the repair, sell the phone and put some food on the table. I can't believe samshite have done this to us. I've been using a redmi phone that I also had to buy to replace the samshite one that I've been without for a month now. Absolutely farcical and I will never recommend these COWBOYS to anyone. 

Az7854
Journeyman
Options

Do not buy Samsung criminals

Az7854
Journeyman
Options

Awesome stuff need people like you who can defend us