Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annoying messages / notifications

(Topic created on: 17-01-2023 09:05 AM)
johne53
Pathfinder
Options

I've a Galaxy Z Flip 3. When I turn it on each day it'll show me some messages (e.g. if I've unused apps that it thinks I can delete). Mostly they've an option to disable further notifications - but about 3 times each month I get an annoying one asking me to donate to certain charities. And (you guessed it...) it's the one message which never offers any option to disable it !!

Does anyone else see this message? And is there any way to stop it?

3 REPLIES 3
johne53
Pathfinder
Options

Or is there any way I can interrogate the app and find out what it's called? Sometimes the Flip-3 will show me a report of apps recently used. Is there any way I can deliberately invoke it?

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@johne53: If you'd like to check which app is responsible for the notifications you're receiving, then please head to Settings > Notifications > Recently Sent. If you'd prefer not to receive the notifications, tap on the relevant app > Show notifications, and toggle the switch off so it greys out. It could potentially be Samsung Global Goals, which has a thumbnail that resembles a multicoloured wheel. 

0 Likes
johne53
Pathfinder
Options

Many thanks Andrew. On my phone it seems to be Settings->Notifications->Advanced Settings->Notification history but it was disabled anyway. So I've just enabled it. Having said that...

Yesterday I disabled a whole bunch of notifications including Upday / Samsung Free / Samsung Global Goals and a few others. And yet this morning they're all enabled again 😥 Do I need to save them somehow whenever I change them?

[Edit...] Yes it's happened again (almost...)  Yesterday I reset the above 3 notifications to be disabled. But this morning, Upday and Samsung Free have re-enabled themselves!! Surely there's a way to have my choices saved?

0 Likes