Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Auto not Working with S21 and Z Flip 3

(Topic created on: 17-10-2021 08:38 AM)
m0LN4r
Journeyman
Options

So recently I got a Galaxy Z Flip 3 5G and S21 and none of this Phones Connect to Android Auto in our 2018 VW.

I see a lot of peple having the same problem. So it is a known Issue, Problem.
When will this be fixed?

Ich und meine freundin haben ein Galaxy Z Flip 3 und ein S21, leider Android Auto funktioniert nicht, verbindung fehlgeschlagen auf unseren kleinen VW aus 2018.

Ich sehe es ist schon lange ein bekanntes Problem.

Wann wird das Problem gelöst?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
AndrewL
Options

@m0LN4r: Have you been able to connect other devices via Android Auto in the past? What happens when you connect the Z Flip3 and S21? To troubleshoot the issue, please head to Settings > Apps > Android Auto > Permissions, and 'Allow' all available permissions. I'd also recommend heading to the Google Play Store to check for any available updates for Android Auto. You should also check with VW Support to see if there are any updates for your car system that might address any compatibility issues with Android 11. 

0 Likes
reutpus
First Poster
Options

The issue is regarding the USB cable, it doesn't work with USB 3.0, but 2.0. check the color of the USB before. White ok, purple not.

0 Likes
Members_CYiZ1zV
First Poster
Options

I had same problem with the Z fold 3 and a used a usb to USB C adaptor on the car with the wire supplied with the phone and it works perfectly

0 Likes
Curlynerd
First Poster
Options

Hi: 

You didn't use the cable that came with the phone, but an old cable and adaptor?

Curly 

0 Likes