Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

9month old flip3 cracked screen - os this a joke on the customer?

(Topic created on: 02-12-2022 04:13 PM)
ann1e
Student
Options

my flip 3 has developed what looks like a lift / crack.  The phone has always had a protective case and never been dropped or damaged.  I spoke with my provider in the shop and they said you wont entertain repairs under warranty?

How is this legal ? - this is a manufacturing / design fault.  I have not damaged my phone it has developed a fault outwith my control.

I understood the flip 3 was upgraded to prevent this - its clearly not working properly if many people's screens are cracking with no accidental damage.  who do I phone to get this fixed under warranty? Or are samsung passing the buck along to their many loyal users and trying to blame us for their poor design.

longtime samsung customer for phone, tvs, washing machine - guess how this is dealt with will like many others make me reconsider my brand loyalty!

14 REPLIES 14
JAX800
First Poster
Options
Get in touch with I think its oftel ombusdman
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Sadly Samsung's treatment of Fold and Flip customers is abhorrent. I'll not be purchasing another Samsung device. Far too many horror stories relating to customers being ripped off for repairs caused by design faults, devices being remotely locked without legal grounds to do so and then being fobbed off. I'm not loyal to any brand, especially one with such poor treatment of customers who spend thousands on the products and won't have qualms purchasing from another Android device manufacturer.
SilviaFarinha
Student
Options
Same with me: Flip Z3 screen protector peeling off and Samsung's warranty does not cover the repair!
I sent my phone for repair and now they are quoting me for a new screen and battery!!! I find that appalling and unfair.. want to make a formal complaint but there is nowhere to do it.
Knightshift76
Voyager
Options
For this Sole reason i jumped over to Google with thier Pixel 7 Pro oh and the battery doesn't drop 3% the first minute the phone's on
SID59
Pioneer
Options

Same here. I have sent  legal notice to them asking to replace the device

Clare49
Explorer
Options

I have the same problem 2 weeks ago a heard crackling as I unfolded it. The screen had delaminated along the fold.  I phoned Samsung to book in for repair as phone was 9 months old and as far as I’m concerned was under warranty. Dpd picked up my phone the next day. 10 days later I had email saying repair would be £309 as phone had impact damage. My phone was immaculate  I am beyond belief that Samsung can treat their customers like this. I will not be letting this drop. I have refused to pay as in 3,4, 9 months the same will happen again. I am currently awaiting the return unrepaired of z flip 3. When I receive it back and can take photos of it I will be contacting BBC RIP OFF BRITAIN. Everyone in uk with same problem needs to do the same. I will also be completing every review online that is humanly possible not only about poor phone quality but also Samsungs appalling customer services.

failing the above I’m seriously considering taking the case to small claims court. 

SID59
Pioneer
Options

I have sent legal notice to them

0 Likes
lt1658
First Poster
Options

I completely agree, they need to step up and correct this problem.  My phone just turned a year and the crack started at around 8 months, I have never had issues with Samsung in the past. Before I spend a penny to fix this phone I will buy a new phone.

stevooooo
First Poster
Options
Glad I found this thread mine has done exactly the same under a year from purchase, I've been into the 02 shop and have been informed I am eligible for one cover change, ill let you guys know how I get on but from reading the comments I don't hold out
0 Likes