Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird issue at top corner of screen

(Topic created on: 22-01-2021 07:04 PM)
MikeS20
Apprentice
Options

Got this Z-Flip for my wife for Christmas.  She loves the phone and no problems so far.

But other other day we noticed this issue at the top left corner.  At first I thought it was maybe a crack.  But on closer inspection it looks like a wire or something has creeped down from the case onto the corner of the screen.

Anyone seen this before?  Is warranty service all I can do?  If so do I have to send the phone off to Samsung with no substitute to use while it's gone?

Thanks for the help!

20210122_134509.jpg20210122_134505.jpg

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
AndrewL
Options

@MikeS20: I'm sorry to hear that you have experienced this issue with your Galaxy Z Flip. Based on the nature of the issue I recommend reaching out to our Help Desk via the link below to arrange for the device to be inspected by an engineer. Our warranty is repair based, and sadly we do not offer temporary replacements for the repair period, however please be assured that we will endeavour to return it to you as soon as possible. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause you. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/

0 Likes
leecottam
Journeyman
Options
be careful if you send it to samsung they will try get out of repairing it.they will blame it on you and other things.got a samsung tablet with them at the minute with a swollen battery.they said they have found small trace of liquid contamination so won't Repair it plus the side has got a bulge on it and there blaming it on me.
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
they left my wife who is extremely vulnerable without a phone for 4 weeks while I went out to work since I'm a key worker. so for 8 hours a day she was alone with no means of contact with anyone..Samsung knew this and didn't care..what's worse her phone was a note 20 ultra their so called flagship and the screen died after 4 months ...Samsung don't give a monkeys...they just eat them
0 Likes
MikeS20
Apprentice
Options

Just to update this thread, my Z-flip eventually developed the dreaded screen crack at the fold point.  I called Samsung service about doing a warranty repair.  They initially suggested I send it to a local store for repairs but I insisted on sending directly to Samsung.  They sent a prepaid shipping label and off it went.  Within a few weeks they sent me a brand new Z-flip so I was able to get the crack and the strange issue at the corner taken care of at the same time.  So far no issues with the new phone - fingers crossed.  I was not charged for the replacement.  I know a lot of folks have had problems with Samsung service but it worked out well for me.