Did you mean: 

Upgrade Program Confusion!

(Topic created on: 29-10-2020 02:38 PM)
Tully1980
First Poster
Options

Hi all, 

First post....

I currently have a Note 10+ 5G. I am on the Upgrade Program and I am eligible to upgrade on 1 November. 

I would really like to get the Z Flip despite the slightly backward spec compare to the N10+. 

I have now been told 2 different things by 2 different customer advisors. One has told me that I can ONLY upgrade to another Note. The other has told me that I can upgrade to ANY Galaxy handset (Z Flip included). Which one is correct? 

If I can only upgrade to another Note, then this was not clearly explained or laid out at the time I bought the Note 10+ as it simply said I was on the "Galaxy Upgrade Program" and made no reference to it being series-specific. 

If anyone has a Z Flip and has come from a N10+, what are your thoughts? 

Thanks

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Gavinh
Helping Hand
Options
I'm pretty sure its only the note series and S series. do not quote me tho.
0 Likes
Tully1980
First Poster
Options
Thanks for the reply. I've got a record of the online chat which I had with a Samsung Customer Advisor who informed me that i could upgrade to any Galaxy handset. I specifically asked about the Z Flip and he confirmed that I could upgrade to it... But then I spoke with someone else at Samsung about it and was told that it only applied to Note and S Series phones, so it would appear that not even Samsung know how it works!! 🤣Screenshot_20201029-180523_Spark_6569.jpg
0 Likes
Gavinh
Helping Hand
Options
go for it buddy if they are allowing it haha I've heard so awesome things about the Zflip
0 Likes
Tully1980
First Poster
Options
Well, my upgrade window is open and I can only upgrade to a Note 20/Ultra. I can't even choose an S Series as I was advised previously.

Spoke to another advisor and asked him to provide me with the part in the terms and conditions which state that I'm tied to the Note series, even though I'm on the "Galaxy" Upgrade Program... His reply?

"Well it's not written in there but even if I escalate this to my manager you will get the same response"...

So Samsung can go ***** themselves. The Note is up for sale, the balance of the Klarna agreement will be paid off and my iPhone 12 arrives next week...
0 Likes