Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Taking a selfie with phone closed problems...

(Topic created on: 04-06-2020 02:13 PM)
Heanster
Explorer
Options

I bought my Z Flip in March. A few days after using it I noticed that one of the features suddenly did not work. This is the feature whereby if you double tap the side button while the phone is closed the small front screen becomes a viewfinder to take a selfie (see below).  I contacted Samsung Concierge who took me through a number of checks, restarts, cache clearance etc but to no avail. They advised me to contact the retailer. I contacted the retailer (O2 UK) and they replaced the phone, no quibble.

Now, the new Z Flip has exactly the same problem. Which would lead you to believe that the function is somehow being disabled by apps I have added or by some setting that I am not aware has disabled the feature. The front screen still works in every other respect. Does anyone have any idea what the problem may be?Screenshot 2020-06-03 at 18.44.13.png

Currently using Galaxy Z Fold 2 and Galaxy Watch 4
0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
Heanster
Explorer
Options
I have reset the phone to factory settings and the function has returned. I shall add my apps and settings slowly checking which, if any, override to function 😃

Currently using Galaxy Z Fold 2 and Galaxy Watch 4
0 Likes