Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung z flip dead battery

(Topic created on: 03-02-2021 07:38 PM)
fraco_fraco
Apprentice
Options

Hi, my new z flip came today. However, it’s dead out of the box with no charge. Is this healthy? Was I sent an old phone? I am just worried as it was very expensive, and don’t want to worry about terribly battery life, as it already doesn’t have promising battery life since it’s only 3300mah. 
I put it to charge now, but with all the phones I’ve ever owned, they always come at least 40-60 % charged.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
APARMAR
Troubleshooter
Options
If it was accidentally left on during packaging, that might be why it is dead or it could have arrived dead because samsung may have not charged it.
AndrewL
Options

@fraco_fraco: Where did you purchase the Z Flip from? It is unusual for the phone not to have a degree of charge our of the box, therefore I recommend charging it to 100% and monitoring the battery performance via Settings > Device Care > Battery. If you notice a significant discharge rate with normal usage then you can either reach out to the retailer to discuss your options regarding a refund or replacement, or contact our Help Desk on 0333 000 0333 to look at your available warranty options. 

fraco_fraco
Apprentice
Options

Thank you Andrew! I’m just going to test it for another few days, as the battery is quite poor. I only get about 3-4 hours of onscreen time on WiFi, where as I used to get 4-6 on my old z flip. I received it as part of the Samsung 8k tv promotion 

0 Likes