Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On my third z flip!!!

(Topic created on: 19-06-2020 06:48 AM)
SC68
Explorer
Options

I'm really saddened by my Z flip!! I have had the black screen of death phone number 1 after 2 weeks then got my second new z flip and 2 weeks later where the phone folds the screen looked broken with white line across the screen hinge to hinge!! Now on my third so maybe 3rd times a charm!! Has anyone else had similar experience with their Z flip?!

15 REPLIES 15
Pabloarruda
First Poster
Options

Mine broke the screen on the folding bit.. How dis you get it replaced? 

0 Likes
SC68
Explorer
Options

Hi sorry to hear u have had the same problem. I got in contact with EE as I have my phone contract with them and they sent me out a brand new 1. So wherever you got yours from especially and if it is within a month old you should speak to them and they will replace it. Hope this helps

0 Likes
Deppi
Explorer
Options
Mine has been perfect until a few days ago when I opened it and the screen has a 1cm scratch across the screen hinge to hinge. As I am travelling abroad I contacted Samsung who basically told me to send it for a repair to one of their stores.... Wait 2 weeks to get it back and pay 150 usd for it!
I am shocked and disappointed.
0 Likes
Deppi
Explorer
Options
What a disappointment! I just got a call back from the repair centre and without giving any explanation they told me that the screen is broken but not covered under warranty. They can't explain how it could have broken and they also refuse to apply the z flip 1 screen per year replacement cost. They quoted £495 instead of 195 that Samsung quotes! I am now getting my phone back (broken) and walking into a Samsung store to see what they say face to face.
If they claim it is not a manufacturer fault I will make a scene for sure.
Seriously disappointed.
Forgot to add... Tried to call the 24/7 helpline but it's closed.....
0 Likes
SC68
Explorer
Options
that is disgusting!! the fault is with the phone!! i was very careful with it and each time it went a week after having it!! im so sorry for the way they have treated you!! its shocking
0 Likes
SC68
Explorer
Options
if you have had the phone less than a month and under contract they should replace the phone! if not and under a month old say its not fit for purpose!! it is a joke!! but thankfully my 3rd phone is OK!!
0 Likes
Del67
First Poster
Options

Had the same problem, 6 months old and it has a crease line over the screen hinge to hinge.  It's a phone fault with the screen. How can it only last 6 months then it cracks.  Not a premium made phone. Off to service centre on Saturday to see what they say.

0 Likes
BSD83
First Poster
Options

I am having the same problem with the crease on the screen. Reported it on 23rd Dec, finally got told to send it for repair and sent it on 31st Dec. Received by repair company 5th Jan, told today (8th Jan) the warranty is void with no explanation as to why. Ive asked for a full report and because the warranty is now void I have to wait around 14 days for the repair to be done and sent back to me. I have paid the screen replacement fee as I thought this would make it quicker to get my phone back. The timelines are ridiculous and for what seems a common fault with the screen they are quick to blame the user. 

I would be keen to know if anyone has had any luck with a screen repair in warranty. 

I curse myself for moving from Apple to Samsung. I have not known anything like this. 

0 Likes
SC68
Explorer
Options
I was lucky with my zflip as it was under contract and EE gave me a new phone straight away due to the 3 phones went wrong within a week to 14 days of screen totally failing! But 4th phone has been totally amazing! I have been with Samsung for 15 yrs and yes Zflip has to be one of their most fragile phones???!!! But they need to own up to their mistakes
0 Likes