Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice? - Performed a factory data reset, signed out of all accounts and yet info is still there when starting a fresh

(Topic created on: 18-01-2021 05:45 PM)
Nicks80p
First Poster
Options

Performed a factory data reset a few times, signed out of all accounts and yet info is still there when starting a fresh.  Have lots of apps with permissions all set to on and greyed out. Have checked developers options and it keeps toggling to auto install apps. Also screen tracing on and verify debugger apps. Even when I toggle off the last 2 they're toggled on when I goback in.  I have never used text on other devices and clearly Samsung account says services I've used.

0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Are you being prompted to log in to your Google account? How did you reset the device?
0 Likes
Nicks80p
First Poster
Options
Sometimes it asks me to log in, checked account on phone and it didn't say my name etc. I have performed a hard reset but when I do it all just comes back. Then I see R Initial and when I check allow files to be received is toggled on. I checked running services and sometimes there are 2 or 3 play services and system webview running. I appear to have mdm app running and work profiles.
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Sorry but I need you to clarify how you reset the phone. Did you do this through recovery or settings. Also, is this a work device?
0 Likes
Nicks80p
First Poster
Options
Oh sorry I misunderstood. Settings and no this is a personal phone. I'm really worried someone has put something on my internal storage. I apparently have a work profile amongst other things. I set up secure folder and there's another one set up and toggled on but greyed out.
There's loads of apps like bixby voice that has permission toggled on for access to files etc but it's greyed out and I can't do anything with it. I also seem to be on android 11 but my phone is not the 5g model. I appreciate your help and comments
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
OK. I don't think your device has been resetting. Please follow the first method here https://www.hardreset.info/devices/samsung/samsung-galaxy-z-flip/

VERY important, make sure you are connected to a PC using your USB cable. You should achieve a full reset this way .
0 Likes
Nicks80p
First Poster
Options
Thank you, I'll let you know how I get on
0 Likes
Nicks80p
First Poster
Options
Hi I haven't done my factory reset yet but I just clicked on my play store version and it said something about a step away and I pressed it again and it says no need you are already a developer? Any ideas please
0 Likes
Nicks80p
First Poster
Options
Hi I haven't done my factory reset yet but I just clicked on my play store version and it said something about a step away and I pressed it again and it says no need you are already a developer? Any ideas please
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I haven't come across this before. It's certainly something you don't want. See https://www.xda-developers.com/google-play-store-developer-setting-enable-internal-app-sharing/amp/
This should disappear with a reset
0 Likes