Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yellow/Green screen when changing brightness

(Topic created on: 20-01-2020 07:12 PM)
arielmoraes
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

As you can see on the attached videos my screen changes to a yellowish color when my brightness adjustment goes around 25%. Depending on what is being shown I can see black horizontal lines and some intense flickering too.

That's not the first time I face this problem, but before a simple force reboot was solving the issue whenever it happened. Now I tried everything I found on the Internet even on here: force reboot, wipe cache, force GPU rendering,  safe mode and others tips.

For me it is not a hardware related problem, it seems more like a software bug as when it restarts the screen is perfect but as soon as the SAMSUNG logo appears the screen turns yellow.

Can't use the warranty because it already expired.

Does anybody have another advice? Thank you.

0 Likes
22 REPLIES 22
SGCWWONG
First Poster
Options

Hi,

My S9+ (3 yrs old) faced the same issue suddenly, i never drop my phone at all.  I sent to service center and they said need to replace the screen.  They just take a look of the screen without touching my phone.   Seem like it is a common issue.   I didn't do the repair. It is too expensive.  I feel disappointed with Samsung phone quality, getting unreliable.  I have been using since S5 till S9.    

Pubudu
First Poster
Options

I also having this issue but it started when i try to run a video in VR mode.. after that i got the issue several times ( disappointed after restart ). However i when  try to run the video on VR mode again i got the issue instantly... ( Samsung S8+ )

0 Likes
t_singh
Explorer
Options
0 Likes