Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yellow/Green screen when changing brightness

(Topic created on: 20-01-2020 07:12 PM)
arielmoraes
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

As you can see on the attached videos my screen changes to a yellowish color when my brightness adjustment goes around 25%. Depending on what is being shown I can see black horizontal lines and some intense flickering too.

That's not the first time I face this problem, but before a simple force reboot was solving the issue whenever it happened. Now I tried everything I found on the Internet even on here: force reboot, wipe cache, force GPU rendering,  safe mode and others tips.

For me it is not a hardware related problem, it seems more like a software bug as when it restarts the screen is perfect but as soon as the SAMSUNG logo appears the screen turns yellow.

Can't use the warranty because it already expired.

Does anybody have another advice? Thank you.

0 Likes
22 REPLIES 22
Satya83
First Poster
Options

Hi. U said u haven't face that problem for last two weeks. Do u still  have yellow screen problem?? Does this come back??

0 Likes
Vancy
First Poster
Options

I am having this samw problem suddenly on my phone. Any help recommended will be appreciated. Thank you

0 Likes
Shy2me
Student
Options

i have this issue when system update on march 2020. It caused hell. I am so pissed off with samsung. Yesterday,6 July 2020 was another update which I thought it can help with the problem. Nothing!! Its worst than previous!! What can samsung do now? Expect us to buy new mobile phone? By the way my handset IS PRETTY NEW! 

0 Likes
HBnLTImon
First Poster
Options

Same thing here. Started about a month ago (S9+), and it's getting worse. 

0 Likes
Subhashish
Student
Options

Hi,

I have the same problem on my Note8 

How did you solve it?

Regards,

Subhashish 

0 Likes
Shy2me
Student
Options

TEMPORARY SOLUTION: Turn on  "ALWAYS ON DISPLAY" settings feature and set it to "Always on Display".

For your information, the screen will still turns Yellow/Green when you are on a call.... 😡

Ruturaj118
First Poster
Options

I am facing the exact same issue on s9 plus.

lau_1978
First Poster
Options

I faced the same problem on my s9+, your temporary solution worked, but there is another minor problem after i applied this fix, the moment i pushed on the power button, when the always on display "clock" text not yet fully display and i quickly pushed on the power button again, the screen back to the same flickering green line issue

0 Likes
Sammy20note
First Poster
Options

This is clearly a software issue that Samsung has created. Samsung needs to stop forcing us to upgrade.

0 Likes
GindoSutan
First Poster
Options

I have same problem, my S9+ screen suddenly turn to yellow, even if set brightness to lowest or highest, the screen seems not clearly as before. if this because software problem, please to Samsung to fix it

0 Likes