Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yellow/Green screen when changing brightness

(Topic created on: 20-01-2020 07:12 PM)
arielmoraes
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

As you can see on the attached videos my screen changes to a yellowish color when my brightness adjustment goes around 25%. Depending on what is being shown I can see black horizontal lines and some intense flickering too.

That's not the first time I face this problem, but before a simple force reboot was solving the issue whenever it happened. Now I tried everything I found on the Internet even on here: force reboot, wipe cache, force GPU rendering,  safe mode and others tips.

For me it is not a hardware related problem, it seems more like a software bug as when it restarts the screen is perfect but as soon as the SAMSUNG logo appears the screen turns yellow.

Can't use the warranty because it already expired.

Does anybody have another advice? Thank you.

0 Likes
22 REPLIES 22
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I've not come across this before @arielmoraes 

If you put your phone in Safe Mode which disables any downloaded apps what happens then ?

If this is software based then you could also send your feedback to Samsung via your Samsung Members App.

I appreciate your 2 year warranty has expired but if the phone has never been dropped and the water indicators have not been tripped then a Samsung Experience Store  / Samsung Service Centre could take a look for you to assess the phone.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
arielmoraes
Apprentice
Options

When in Safe Mode the same thing happens, no changes at all.

0 Likes
AsadM
Options
Hi @arielmoraes. Thanks for sharing the outcome. It does sound like an inspection on the phone is the way to help identify what will need to be done to get this fixed. Please visit any one of our closest Samsung Support Centres for assistance with this. If you're based in the UK, you can find the closest one here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/service-centre/
0 Likes
Roshan-UK
Student
Options

I have the same issue, between 25% and 75% screen brightness the screen flickers green/yellow. It began yesterday.

@arielmoraes - what did the Samsung repair centre say?

0 Likes
arielmoraes
Apprentice
Options

Actually I didn't have a chance to send the device yet, but I called some repair centers and they told me that it is a screen issue and it should be replaced. 

kimberlyn
First Poster
Options

I am having tha same problem. It started suddenly. Have you found a solution?

0 Likes
Lukecrab3
Journeyman
Options

Similar issue when waking phone from sleep mode quickly.  I've replied to another post with similar details and no help from samsung. This all came when I updated to android 10. Definitely a software issue. Please fix this samsung. 

0 Likes
arielmoraes
Apprentice
Options

I haven't seen the problem for two weeks now, I think the device have some kind of feeling like the Hulk. But what I've noticed is the problem slowly starting and slowly stopping to happen until it is completely awful or fine.

0 Likes
sameersehgal90
First Poster
Options

Hi all!

I am a Samsung Galaxy S10 user and I've started to have this issue too. My phone is a year old

0 Likes