Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wifi problems

(Topic created on: 26-05-2020 05:54 PM)
phoenix1971
Apprentice
Options

i have a samsung s9 and works perfectly, never had any problems with it at all, however last few weeks it has problems connecting to my wifi network,it keeps logging off and i have to reconnect,or it keeps logging off and on ,and thus using a lot of battery,does anybody think that this is a problem with the phone? i have several other itwms using wifi,and no problem with them at all, thanks in advance

6 REPLIES 6
AndrewL
Options
@phoenix1971: Following an update it can be beneficial to perform a Soft Reset to address any issues that may have arisen. To proceed, please press the Volume Down and Power buttons together for around 10 seconds until the phone restarts.

If the issue persists, try removing your router from the S9 and re-adding it: Settings > Connections > Wi-Fi > Select your router > Forget > Turn Wi-Fi off and on again via the switch at the top, select your router form the list of available connections, and enter the relevant details.

To ensure that your connection isn't being interrupted by an application, please go to Settings > Connections > Wi-Fi > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Advanced > Wi-Fi Control History. If you can see an app listed here that has switched off your Wi-Fi, you may wish to uninstall the app, or check the app permissions via Settings > Apps, to see if there's an option to prevent this.
0 Likes
phoenix1971
Apprentice
Options

thanks for that ,ive done the soft reset already and also checked the router, ive just checked the connection and there was an app which i havent used for months there,so ive uninstalled it, and will see what happens now,

phoenix1971
Apprentice
Options

well ive done everyhing that was suggested, and its stll doing the same thing ,and getting annoying now , any help is welcome, thanks

phoenix1971
Apprentice
Options

now ive done all that,and still having problems, would a proper hard reset help at all, or is it more likley to be a hardware fault on the phone and not software? thanks

0 Likes
Ranuul
Apprentice
Options

Hello AndrewL

When having followed those steps and you see that two Samsung 9 phones, one ordinary and the other 9+ has the same issue as above. Both telling that they got an IP, but cannot connect to the internet, even though all other wifi devices in the household has, what do you then suggest?
I am sure it is a Samsung software issue, because this problem has never been there before.

0 Likes
Ranuul
Apprentice
Options

Hello phoenix1971.

I started having the same issue from last week and forward.

I got to admit that I am at a point that if Samsung doesn't do anything active about this issue, then I am not gonna bother buying a Samsung device again, because this is just bad customer service.

0 Likes