Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi Issue

(Topic created on: 03-05-2019 07:33 PM)
Cjre_fng
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I have an issue with my Samsung SM-G960F.

In the past few months my wifi connection drops out (not limited to my home wifi, but mostly).

If I take the example of being at home, my home network will disappear if I move just one room away from the router - this has never been a problem until recently.  However now the wifi network appears then disappears over and over, and sometimes i get an authentication error also - where although the wifi network is visible I have to select it for my phone to attempt to connect.  Then it prompts me as if its going to request wifi password (for which the field shows nothing) but then connects.

Its worth noting that no other device in our house (mobiles, laptops etc) are affected so I dont believe its a wifi problem as such.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated as this is costing me a ton in data usage!!

Thanks 

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

If this was my situation I'd carry out the following.

Split the frequencies in my home Broadband router to 5ghz and 2.4ghz and see if connecting to one or the other helps.

Clear the cache in your wifi by going into settings-Apps-Choose wifi-Storage and clear cache.

If you don't see wifi in the list of apps then press the 3 little dots in the top Rh corner and choose see system apps.

If it continues then a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre can run a diagnostic test on the phone for you.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes