Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whastapp voice call is not working when the screen turns off during call

(Topic created on: 26-02-2020 06:58 AM)
KrishDesineni
First Poster
Options

I'm not able to hear the voice or the persons on other side are not able to hear my voice when the screen turns off during the whatsapp voice call. Same problem from normal call also.

18 REPLIES 18
Members_1LUFD7R
First Poster
Options

Has anyone found a fix to this problem? I don't even use Whatsup for calls anymore as it is turning mic off as soon as screen goes blank.

0 Likes
Chench
First Poster
Options
I am having this problem too and I can't see a fix for it on here. I have just received a useless response from WhatsApp when I asked them
0 Likes
Veekee Billz
First Poster
Options

What if I can't hear my voice? What's the next step? 

0 Likes
Jo1717
Student
Options
I have exactly the same probelm and I have s21 ultra. Its so annoying. I also realised that if during teh call I would try to search for sometjing on my mobile, people on teh other side can't hear me at all!
Jo1717
Student
Options
Same on mine but it got better when I changed my sim card from 4G to 5G. Somone told me if my phone is 5G ans I have 4G card then this can make things worse but definitely didn't fix the issue. Screen goes black or if I search somwtjing during a call on WhatsApp or phone call the other side can't hear me. I can hear them perfectly fine! So strange ans frustrating 😑.
SaYYAaD
Student
Options

Hello there ! I have the same issue with my s20 ultra, and I was searching to fix this issue,  found you had this issue too, how did you fix it , I am having this issue it annoying as I go search something during call the other party doesn't gear me anymore and I can hear them alright. Did you fix it?  Plz let me know .

0 Likes
Freedo
First Poster
Options

Hello, same problem with my samsung when using wa the microphone cuts when the screen times out.

II changed the timeout to 10 mn as a workaround but this is draining

The battery. Any solution so far??

Thanks

0 Likes
Members_L0eD310
First Poster
Options

Hi, Perhaps, you have set Whatsapp to a sleeping app.

Remove it from sleeping apps and it should work fine again.

0 Likes
STLMV
First Poster
Options

Hi ,

Go to

"Battery -Background use limits - sleeping apps" and remove WhatsApp. That fixed the problem for me

0 Likes