Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wallpaper keeps changing Galaxy S9

(Topic created on: 05-03-2021 11:54 AM)
krob87
First Poster
Options

I have a Galaxy S9 on Verizon. No matter what I've tried, I cannot get the phone to keep a new wallpaper. It keeps reverting after about a day or so back to a background I used to use. It always reverts back to the same picture. I've tried:

• deleting the picture it reverts to off the phone
  • changing it via the Gallery
  • using several wallpapers I've downloaded previously
  • using a new wallpaper downloaded from Zedge
  • setting new wallpaper as Home only
  • setting new wallpaper as Home & Lock Screen
  • motion display on and off
  •  using a wallpaper directly through Samsung Themes

It's only my Home wallpaper that's affected. When I set a new wallpaper as both Home and Lock Screen, it reverted back to the same old picture on Home, but the new picture is still on the lock screen.

I've never used an alternative launcher, so I don't think that can be the problem.

7 REPLIES 7
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

That's certainly a conundrum @krob87 

May I ask you to put your phone in Safe Mode which disables any downloaded apps and leaves the stock ones working and then see what happens  ?

Also a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre might be able to help.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Caylee
Student
Options

I'm having the same issue. AAMOF I think this is a common complaint right now witha lot of users. 😕

I wonder if there will be an update for this glitch? 🤔

ddebus
Apprentice
Options

No solution as of 10/01/2020? galaxy S20 with galaxy themes here. Seems that throwing it across the room might help.

ILLL_WILLL
Journeyman
Options

I have same issue. No solution in sight

BobzBlobz
First Poster
Options

Have had the same issue for almost a year now since I first started trying to change my home screen wallpaper. Always switches back the next day, even after deleting the old wallpaper from my phone. Absolute joke that this bug has been around for so long without being addressed.

p74
First Poster
Options

Same issue here

0 Likes
SammyNineWarrior
First Poster
Options

Update to previous post: 

Called in to support. You have to update the Gallery App, then click on your photo for your wallpaper, set it to wallpaper, same with your lock screen. it should not randomly select pictures after that. 

0 Likes