Did you mean: 

Original topic:

VPN is broken in Galaxy S9

(Topic created on: 10-10-2018 10:19 PM)
wuzzapcom
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Hello everyone. I've bought brand new Galaxy S9 a week ago. For my job I have to use VPN connection, it worked fine on my iPhone, it works fine on my laptop. But on S9 it does not works. I've tried OpenVPN and AnyConnect VPNs. After connection to AnyConnect my phone stops loading of any data(e.g. web page in browser). OpenVPN lets me load pages, but traffic do not tunneled: IP does not changing. This is nonsense, why such important feature is broken in such expensive phone?
------------------
UPDATE: I have latest available firmware

Go to solution
25 REPLIES 25
mm1111
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Reboot doesn't solve the problem.

Heinchen
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

For me rebooting doesn't solve the problem. With my S9 I can't use VPN as I am used from earlier Galaxy S products.

0 Likes
JustADev
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I'm developing a VPN application, and when I gave the apk to someone with a samsung phone, he told me that it wasn't working. I don't own any samsung devices, so I tested the apk on multiple RTL devices, and no devices from the s8 and up worked.

What's a developer supposed to do to get it to work? I even have device admin for my app enabled, and that doesn't fix it.

0 Likes
BigMoe
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Came here from a Google search so I thought I'd reply in here incase someone searched up the same thing I did. 

I have a note 10+ T-Mobile edition running Android 10 and I have NordVPN. I couldn't get mine to connect either so I went to (might be different for other galaxy phones) Settings - Connections - More Connection Settings - VPN - The gear icon next to your VPN app - Then toggle "Always on VPN"

My VPN finally connected. I checked the settings later and it turned off but now it connects fine. I did have to disconnect from the pulling down the notification shade and clicking the key icon to disconnect though 

Hopefully the people in here by now found a fix or my fixed helped. 

0 Likes
Macjanod
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I had the same problem with my phone as well, I am travelling a lot and using vpn, the solution was just to search for another vpn provider. I also bought a galaxy S9 and the previous VPN is not working on it and I feel very unconfident when I am in another country, using public wifi without VPN, I feel like something is chasing for me on the internet. If you don't know where to search for a good provider, I can suggest you to access this page and to check all of them. There are included VPN provider's rating, reviews and many other interesting things.

0 Likes
LLyman
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

@Macjanod wrote:

I had the same problem with my phone as well, I am travelling a lot and using vpn, the solution was just to search for another vpn provider. I also bought a galaxy S9 and the previous VPN is not working on it and I feel very unconfident when I am in another country, using public wifi without VPN, I feel like something is chasing for me on the internet. If you don't know where to search for a good provider, I can suggest you to access this page and to check all of them. There are included VPN provider's rating, reviews and many other interesting things.

Thank you for suggestion, I found a great VPN app for Android there.

0 Likes