Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using keyboard has become very hard to use

(Topic created on: 21-07-2020 07:33 PM)
ShonaOlivia
First Poster
Options

Since the last update my phone has become very difficult to use. There is a delay when I type. My predicted txt memory has been wiped & foreign letters keep appearing.. please help it's driving me mad!!!

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Je655
Helping Hand
Options

Try clearing the cache and or the data of Samsung keyboard in apps and restart your device. You may lose some keyboard data.

Boot into safe mode and see if an installed app is affecting your system.

Hold power till you see power off,

Hold power off till you see safe mode

If these options dont help you would probably need to try a factory reset of your device

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @ShonaOlivia 

I appreciate how frustrating this must be for you.

When I updated this also wiped my learned words from my keyboard.

It might be worth just checking if there are any waiting updates for your keyboard.

Also you could clear the phone's system files by turning the phone Off and then from a set series of button presses go into the phone's system file's and clear the system cache.

Something similar to Press and hold the Volume Up key, Home key, and Power key at the same time.

When the phone powers up the Android System Recovery screen appears approx 30 seconds later.Release all of the keys you had pressed. Press the Volume down key on the phone to choose the  "wipe cache partition." section. Press the Power key on the phone to select.Press the Volume down key to highlight “yes” and press thePower key to select.When the wipe cache partition is complete, “Reboot system now” is highlighted.Press the Power key to restart the device.

No info is lost this way.

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes