Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using a heat sink to charge your phone faster

(Topic created on: 07-06-2022 11:29 PM)
Riik
Student
Options

I notice a big difference when I charge my phone flat on the marble top in the kitchen.

The phone doesn't get warm (the marble does, it acts as a heat sink) and it charges much, much faster. 

I was in a Samsung shop recently and they did a courtesy health check on my 3 yr old S9+. They told me the battery was 'as new' according to their test reading. I  endeavour to keep the battery between 20-90%.

Anyone else having a similar experience?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

People have their own charging habits @Riik 

Personally I do not let my phone's battery drop below 10 to 15% but I'm not concerned with it charging to 100%.

I also charge overnight with the phone turned Off on a Samsung Desktop Wireless Charger that has a built-in fan to keep it cool if I'm using fast charging.

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Keith M
First Poster
Options

There are so many articles saying the 45W charging is not much improvement but it's a huge improvement. It charges way faster with no damage to the battery (according to accubattery app) but only if you keep the phone from getting warm. Otherwise the charge slows down. 

To speed charging with any charger. Place the phone on any surface that feels cold to the touch.

Or get aluminum heat sinks to place on each side of the phone. Don't use clip on cooling fans you can buy for phones because the rapid cooling causes condensation inside your phone, which could short something.

Fun fact. anything that feels cool to the touch at room temperature means the surface is good at drawing in heat energy. 

0 Likes