Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

USB upgrade causes constant beeping, and dimming/brightening on charger.

(Topic created on: 05-07-2020 12:58 PM)
Bthis
First Poster
Options

My Samsung Galaxy S9 displayed a notice that a USB upgrade had been installed. The next time I plugged in in on its charging stand, it started beeping constantly and switching between Charging/Not Charging status. I turned off the Charging Sound in preferences, but it's still switching between Charging (displaying a lightning bolt in the battery) and not charging (no lighgning bolt). Each time it dims the display when not charging and brightens it again when the lightning bolt reappears.

How to I stop this? Or how do I un-install this buggy software upgrade?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Bthis
First Poster
Options
UPDATE: The system also posts a "notification" each time it switches from "charging" to "not-charging," flooding my notifications list with a notification about every second. This is insane. How do I stop this? It can't be good for the phone, the charging circuitry, and the battery! Help!
0 Likes
Solution
AndrewL
Options
@Bthis: Sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. Does your charger fit snugly inside the USB port of your S9? If so, do you have access to another charger that you can try to see if the issue persists? If you open the Samsung Members app and go to Get Help > Interactive Checks > USB, does this return any errors?

To troubleshoot the issue, please press the Volume Down and Power buttons together for around 10 seconds until the phone restarts. Also, please go to Settings > Apps > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Show System Apps > USB Debugging > Storage > Clear Cache.
0 Likes
Bthis
First Poster
Options

The battery was wearing down so I plugged it into a fast charger (Anker battery pack) and it stopped beeping. After it charged, I plugged it back in to the wall charger and did not have a problem.

0 Likes