Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to update a S9+

(Topic created on: 01-11-2021 02:49 PM)
pihop13
Apprentice
Options
I've had a S9+ for a few years now but still stuck on android 8.
I've tried the update in setting. Tried a fresh install.
Security patch is Aug 18.
Nothing seems to work .
Please help.
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@pihop13 Hello, if the firmware of the phone corresponds to another country of origin and not from the UK, you will not be able to receive local updates. I do not know if this is the case.
If this is not the case, you can try updating with the Samsung-Smart Switch app. Greeting.

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

0 Likes
pihop13
Apprentice
Options
Hi Ventor. Thanks for your reply. It's a UK phone so I assume the firmware is. I have tried the smart app without success. Thanks
KholaI
Options

Hey @pihop13 

If you're unable to update the software using SmartSwitch, another option would be to perform a Factory Reset. This will delete all data on your phone and return it to factory default. Once you've done this, proceed to perform the update again. If you're still unable to do so, I'd advise heading down to a local Samsung Support Centre.

For more info on Factory Resetting: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-perform-factory-reset-on-my-mobile-device...

To find your nearest Support Centre: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/service-centre/ 

pihop13
Apprentice
Options
Hi Kholal. I have tried a factory reset and finished up in the same place.
Samsung support suggest I try here for help but I don't think I'm getting anywhere. That's anyway.
0 Likes
KholaI
Options

I'd definitely recommend getting this inspected by one of our engineers. If you're unable to head to one of our Support Centres, the Social Media Team can look into raising this for you. You can reach out to them by dropping them a message on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter.

0 Likes