Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Typing Issue Since latest update (UI 2)

(Topic created on: 20-02-2020 02:08 PM)
Deadvictorian
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

Since the latest update (UI 2) whenever I start typing (regardless of what app i'm using) the phone seems to pause, meaning that two or three of the characters after the first one do not register. It's as if I'm typing too fast for the system to catch up. 

I would guess it's a setting, but I have tried fiddling around with a few things but to no avail. 

It's worth mentioning that it only seems to do it the first time I open the keyboard in a while (i.e. If it's the screen has been locked /  opening a new app etc)

It's very irritating and would love to hear if anyone had any suggestions?

6 REPLIES 6
Andy9822
Student
Options
Yessss, I'm facing the same issue. Actually I would say in my case it's even worth

When I'm typing the predictive word doesn't follow the letters I'm I'm typing.
It's like it waits till I end the word or I take too long for the next character. And that's soooooo
annoying because I have to type a word, wait like 1 second and then it checks my word and corrects it if I missed a letter.

I'm considering going back to previous android version even if I have sell my soul trying it.
It's impossible having to type and wait like 1s (maybe it's 0.5a idk) but having to wait after
each word because otherwise it doesn't checks the word and if I type it wrong it won't be corrected.

I really need this to be fixed because I hated swift keyboard ( but it works, it gets the word I tipped as soon I press the last letter)
Andy9822
Student
Options
It's even worse*****
Deadvictorian
Apprentice
Options

@Andy9822 wrote:

And that's soooooo
annoying because I have to type a word, wait like 1 second and then it checks my word and corrects it if I missed a letter.

Yes! When you're used to thing at a certain speed it's really difficult to not do what now feels very natural.

0 Likes
Robinl
Pioneer
Options

Did you try clearing cache of the keyboard app ?

And worst case, try to clear data of the keyboard app (you will lose all your custom words) ?

0 Likes
Deadvictorian
Apprentice
Options
I shall try this now and report back if it works! Thanks
0 Likes
Deadvictorian
Apprentice
Options

@Robinl wrote:

Did you try clearing cache of the keyboard app ?

And worst case, try to clear data of the keyboard app (you will lose all your custom words) ?

Little update: I tried the above, it didnt work unfortunately. But I have since realised it is in fact only something that happens when I used the google search widget and not on every app, so I think it's an app issue rather than a keyboard issue! Thanks for the suggestions to my inaccurately reported issue! 

0 Likes