Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Type C akg headphones S9 support

(Topic created on: 01-08-2021 10:42 PM)
zikalol
Apprentice
Options

Hello guys,

my brother bought a brand new S20 and i got in the box headphones (the akg ones type c) i updated the headphones using his phone then started used them on my S9, for music they work flawlessly but when i try to make a call it switch off to my phone speaker and/or when i try to record my voice using them, i get a static noise getting recorded. So please samsung push an update to fix that issue on the S9, cause 100% im sure its software issue not a hardware one

Hope samsung do something cause everyone having this issue (when they use headphones with type c)

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
strawberry cake
Hotshot
Options

@zikalol 

try clearing the data of the USB

Settings  → Apps → tap 3 lines → Show system apps → USB Settings app → Storage → clear data

restart the unit then retry 

😉

(\_/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") strawberry cake so delicious

0 Likes
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
When you plug it in, does it show up in "devices" in the notification panel?
Im not familiar with usb c headphones, but i know for Bluetooth headphones, calls and media output are 2 separate toggles, and so sometimes you have to make sure that its enabled for calls, not just media.
zikalol
Apprentice
Options

Still same issue, nothing changed

0 Likes
zikalol
Apprentice
Options

Thank you foe the reply, nah it doesnt show up in the notifcations panel. This issue alot of user has been facing it off. I rly have no idea what to do

0 Likes
luizagabrielly
Student
Options

I'm having the same issue on my s20 fe, the akg headphone makes a terrible static noise. Anyone can help me?

0 Likes