Original topic:

Type C akg headphones S9 support

(Topic created on: 15-04-2021 02:46 AM)
zikalol
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Hello guys,

my brother bought a brand new S20 and i got in the box headphones (the akg ones type c) i updated the headphones using his phone then started used them on my S9, for music they work flawlessly but when i try to make a call it switch off to my phone speaker and/or when i try to record my voice using them, i get a static noise getting recorded. So please samsung push an update to fix that issue on the S9, cause 100% im sure its software issue not a hardware one

Hope samsung do something cause everyone having this issue (when they use headphones with type c)

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
strawberry cake
Hotshot
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

@zikalol 

try clearing the data of the USB

Settings  → Apps → tap 3 lines → Show system apps → USB Settings app → Storage → clear data

restart the unit then retry 

😉

(\_/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") strawberry cake so delicious

0 Likes
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
When you plug it in, does it show up in "devices" in the notification panel?
Im not familiar with usb c headphones, but i know for Bluetooth headphones, calls and media output are 2 separate toggles, and so sometimes you have to make sure that its enabled for calls, not just media.
zikalol
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Still same issue, nothing changed

0 Likes
zikalol
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Thank you foe the reply, nah it doesnt show up in the notifcations panel. This issue alot of user has been facing it off. I rly have no idea what to do

0 Likes