Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer knock knock sound from my S9 to my A53

(Topic created on: 07-07-2022 09:35 PM)
Members_V8ZGhAQ
Apprentice
Options

Hi Just purchased a Samsung A53 and I would like to transfer this sound from my S9. I can play the sound on my S9 but I am unable to retrieve it to transfer to my A53. Is it possible I could request assistance please?

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
You need to go into the My Files app that is in your S9.
Tap on My Files, then tap on Internal storage. Then have a look around in the files there for the sound file you are after. It could be in the Dowmloads file or try the Notification file. Once you find the file you are after, tap and hold until the options come up for it. Then tap on Share and send it via Bluetooth to yourA53.
0 Likes
Members_V8ZGhAQ
Apprentice
Options

Hi Thanks for your reply. I have tried as you suggested but I was unable to locate the sound I required. Under Notification category/General notifications/sound it is listed with all of the other available sounds but how do I trace it to an individual file please?    

0 Likes
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
Do you mean the sound that you want to transfer from your S9 to the A53, is a system notification sound already on your S9, and not one you downloaded to your S9?
If it's a pre-installed notification sound on your S9. Then your best bet is to play your sound on your S9 at maximum volume whilst recording it using the Samsung Voice Recorder app on your A53. It's not ideal but it's something I've done in the past with good results.
0 Likes
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
If you use the Voice Recorder app. Then your recorded file can be found in My Files>Internal Storage >Recordings>Voice Recorder.
Then press and hold your recording and tap on Move or Copy. Then press the back button (top left) and select the Notifications folder. Then tap on Move or Copy here.
You should then find it in your phone notifications list then available for selection.
0 Likes
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
If you type in s9 ringtones on your Internet browser. Should come up with some apps available, one good one is zedge.com. You can either download the app or continue use with browser. Look for knock knock and download to your phone. You may have to move the downloaded ring tone in your files and put it into ringtones. That should make the ringtone come available in your phone ringtones.
Members_V8ZGhAQ
Apprentice
Options

Hi Thanks again for your reply. Will give it a try and tell you if I am successful

0 Likes
Members_V8ZGhAQ
Apprentice
Options

Hi Finally found the time to try your solution and went around the house knocking on various doors, posts etc. Found a really unique knock from an oak post, recorded at full volume and used the file for my notification, brilliant, thanks. Could I ask one more question please? My phone is connected to my desk top PC, the S9 did not have this function, I think. How do I view the phone on my PC for images, files etc I have tried various things without success. 

Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
Your S9 will connect to your PC for sure. I'm not a regular laptop user (apart from gaming occasionally), but you need to connect your S9 to your PC using the USB cable you got with the phone. Once plugged into both devices, you should see a notification that comes up on your S9. That says, something like, connect as USB storage device. Tap on it and accept.
If you don't see that, and making sure your S9 is connected via the cable, just go on your PC to the My PC section. From there you should see your phone connected in the list. Possibly listed as one of the drives available. Tap on it and you will see all your pictures and video's from your phone.
0 Likes
Members_V8ZGhAQ
Apprentice
Options

Job complete thanks