Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time and date setting

(Topic created on: 23-06-2020 08:41 AM)
Fizyfizz97
First Poster
Options

I can't set time zone or change the time manually. The whole section is disabled.This is the picture. As you can see the section is disabled and i can not change the settingsThis is the picture. As you can see the section is disabled and i can not change the settings

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @Fizyfizz97 ,

are the phone software and all the apps up to date? If so, can you try your phone in Safe Mode to see if a third-party app is causing this to happen? To do this press and hold the Power button until you see Power Off, Restart, and Emergency. Press and hold the Power Off icon until it shows a Shield, tap the Shield and the device will restart in Safe Mode.

Safe Mode disables all third-party apps and so if the notifications start working in this mode, we can confirm it is being blocked by a third-party app. If so, you will need to locate and either uninstall or contact the app developers for a fix.

0 Likes
Fiza
Apprentice
Options

I did enable the safe mode but the problem was still there.

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

How long have you been experiencing this? Are you also able to take a look at this guide: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-change-the-date-and-time/ to see if this makes any difference? 

0 Likes
Fiza
Apprentice
Options

It has been almost 1 year.  I have updated everything. And no it did not help. I know how to change time and date but i cant since the whole section is disabled. It really annoys me because the time on my phone is not right.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@Fiza: Do you have a network SIM inserted in the device? Do you have any external devices connected to the phone, such as a Smart Watch? If so, can you try temporarily disabling the connection, to see if your Date and Time options return?
0 Likes
Jonnymec
First Poster
Options

Did you ever find a fix for this?  I am experiencing the same thing on my Z Fold 2, the only thing I can think of that could cause this is Knox, maybe?

0 Likes